Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,951  
I have an irregular piece of commercial fish net, the type used to winch aboard a ton or so. It's a fragment from a damaged commercial net. I got one 4x9 piece out of it plus some small pieces. Ideal for what I carry in the 4x8 trailer.

Does anyone know the source for more? Either used, to cut down, or new?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,952  
I've often thought that a piece of chain link fence would do, with straps over the top.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,953  
What percentage arrives at the customer's? :)

I haven’t lost more that a wheel barrel load off 50 dump truck loads and that was all across my gated entrance. It’s really pretty secure.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,954  
I've often thought that a piece of chain link fence would do, with straps over the top.

That’s too sharp for my liking. It’s likely to fray straps.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,955  
That might be good for some loads but I'm just as likely to have cardboard boxes or furniture, of irregular shape, covered by a tarp then the commercial fishnet. This can accommodate any odd shape. Usually clipping the front corners of the tarp, and all corners of the net, into carabiners at the corners of the trailer, plus a couple of straps across the load, makes a quick and secure tiedown.
3295c50c-4c44-4cb1-a3eb-b5c7f4e05f3e_1.c3f2ae47caf29514714d3acea4bdb847.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,956  
There are probably thousands of others in looking for the same. Keep thinking. Who knows, you could just make your next billion with it. :laughing:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,957  
I have an irregular piece of commercial fish net, the type used to winch aboard a ton or so. It's a fragment from a damaged commercial net. I got one 4x9 piece out of it plus some small pieces. Ideal for what I carry in the 4x8 trailer.

Does anyone know the source for more? Either used, to cut down, or new?

That is a cool idea. How about E-bay?
Authentic Used Fishing Net ~ Old Vintage Fish Netting ~ Nautical Maritime Decor | eBay
[url]https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-X-8-FISH-NET-FISHING-NETS-NETTING-NURSERY-BATH-WEDDING-BEACH-THEME-DECOR/370565052269?epid=1448404080&hash=item564765f76d:g:OuUAAOSwEetV~oyO:sc:USPSFirstClass!03051!US!-1

[/URL]

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,958  
This scrap of commercial fishnnet really is ideal because it doesn't stretch and has incredible strength.

The elastic 'spiders' sold for the same purpose seem useless to me. Someone arrived at our mining camp way up in the woods missing a sleeping bag that had slipped out of the cartop elastic net on his Land Cruiser. Since then I've never considered buying one.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,959  
You can buy pickup bed netting that is springy and lightweight and will contain loose cargo. I'm sure Summit Racing would have something like that and it's a Toyota factory option item. It looks like a wider spaced piece of fishing net.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #6,960