Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum!

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #21  
The administrators need to stay on top of this new forum. Spammers have found it and their posts are finding the way in every day now.

Care to elaborate? What, exactly, do you consider a 'spammer'? I would like to know; if you would, please share some of your knowledge with an old country boy. :confused3:

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #23  
Texas titles does the Texas truck title have a place for mileage on it? Just looking at some 2014 trucks at a local Lima,Ohio Car lot. Car fax says they were sold in Columbus Ohio-went to Arlington Texas as a Lease came back to Ohio and were bought through a auction and ended up in Lima,Ohio. Something does not sound right. Is hertz or some big rental place out of arlington texas? Any help please.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #25  
Hi truckers, have owned several top of the line Chevys & GMC's, bought a 2013 Ram Longhorn 1500.
Can't believe it but trans temp hardly moves with the 395 hp Hemi towing a 7040 Kubota, whereas with the GM's trans temp would go through the roof, like 98 deg. Sorry GM guys, I'm sold on the Ram!

Pulling the same load with the tow/haul mode selected should yield the same or close to the same results. Top of the line GMCs use Allison transmissions and I am curious how you can have so many problems with them. Maybe your gauge is shot on the Dodge?

I have an older, 2002 GMC diesel dually and have regularly pulled a 17k camper in Florida in the heat and all over the midwest and only had the temp gauge come above mid-range on the scale once, and that is because I was in heavy stop and go traffic in 100 deg. temp plus i forgot the tow selector. It was never hot enoughy to worry about anything. And I don't baby it,. I push it 70 -75 mph but am starting to slow down for the fuel economy.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #26  
Hey Everybody,

With the growing popularity of this forum, we have decided to expand on pickup truck topics by launching an entire new site for pickup trucks. For years we have planned the launch of what I like to call "the other TBN" and as members of this forum, I wanted to give you the first chance to register and become members of the new site.

Without further ado...

I present to you...

A link to...

This forum will remain as it is, but if you're a truck enthusiast and want to be a part of a community that discusses trucks and related topics in more detail, I welcome you at the new site. :thumbsup:

Thank you!
Thanks Muhammad! I was just going to post a question in Trailers and Transportation, when I found trucksbynet and posted my question there.
hugs, Brandi

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #27  
Don't forget the mighty Nissan Titan

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #28  
My friend just got his new long box, F350 Powerstroke.

Nice truck to be sure, but while inspecting it, something immediately occured to me. For one of the BIGGEST vehicles commonly available that could transport people, the seating position is incredibly cramped. I dare say, that my lady friends KIA Soul has about the same room to sit. Pickups and large sedans used to be spacious. Large expanses of broadloomed floor.

So now they have done away with the creature comfort of past vehicles. Like carpet on the doors and NICE soft upholstry. And now, you are stuck in a tiny drivers seating position. So just exactly, what are you paying all that money for?

Certainly, another reason, I would try and get a truck without a console next time.

Last edited:
   / Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #29  
Super Duty trucks now share the F150 cab. So I guess if you think that's cramped all the F150 owners must be wrong too. :)

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #30  
I have seen friends F150 cabs that impressed me, within a few years ago. But my very first impression of this F350 was "cramped" . It didn't help, that the interior was black, either.