2014 chevy cruz diesel

/ 2014 chevy cruz diesel #1  

dhagood

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere 1070, john deere 825i gator
i don't know if anybody else has seen this, but chevy is offering a "2.0L turbocharged clean diesel engine which boasts an SAE-certified 151 horsepower and 264 lb.ft." of torque. if i was in the market for a new car, and could hold my nose long enough to buy a general motors product, i'd be all over this.

/ 2014 chevy cruz diesel #2  
i don't know if anybody else has seen this, but chevy is offering a "2.0L turbocharged clean diesel engine which boasts an SAE-certified 151 horsepower and 264 lb.ft." of torque. if i was in the market for a new car, and could hold my nose long enough to buy a general motors product, i'd be all over this.

I'm very glad anytime that a diesel offering is added to our markets.

That said, for that kind of money (base is $25k Canadian), I'd be going with VW. Firstly, because the Cruze is only offered with an automatic.

Rgds, D.

/ 2014 chevy cruz diesel #3  
They have been proven to get over 50mpg already. One fella went over 800 miles on a tank!

/ 2014 chevy cruz diesel #4  
Love our 2010 VW Jetta TDI. It's the same size engine in probably about the same weight chassis. The Jetta drives like a V8 with the fuel sipping of a 2 cylinder. We recently got 46 mpg going over the WVa mountains from Ch'ville to Columbus. It gets 49 mpg going south or east on interstates. It'll do 54 mpg on our country roads around here out of the way of most traffic lights. Overall average now is running 43-44 mpg.

Our daughter in Columbus area surprised us and bought a 2013 Jetta TDI. Of course, hers has an auto trans. I drove it once and looked at her overall average, 39.5 mpg, in the Columbus traffic.

Wish Toyota would slap a TDI into their older Tacoma chassis of 3,000 # (less than than of a 3,250 # Jetta). It'd be quite a performer.

/ 2014 chevy cruz diesel #5  
There is one on the lot here in Wentzville. It's an LT package w the diesel option. It's 24 thousand and some change. The Cruze has been a great seller w the gasoline engine. It actually took sales within the company from the Chevy Malibu. The two are close in size but the Cruze has a cheaper price tag and better MPG's. With the addition of the new diesel, the Cruze will be a nameplate that will stick around for a while. It's in a highly competitive car segment but has boasted good sale numbers for every quarter.

/ 2014 chevy cruz diesel
I'm very glad anytime that a diesel offering is added to our markets.

yeah, me too. hats off to general motors for adding a diesel engine option to the cruze. here's hoping this engine migrates into other gm offerings.

/ 2014 chevy cruz diesel #7  
About time a Diesel was back from the big 3

/ 2014 chevy cruz diesel #8  
Be nice if they put this in a small pick up with a manual transmission.

/ 2014 chevy cruz diesel #9  
i bought a 2012 Chevy Cruz with 7000 miles on it a few months ago and we love it,good gas mileage.i don't miss fueling that chev silverado.

/ 2014 chevy cruz diesel #10  
I am an VW / Audi technician. The new 2L turbo diesel that came out in 2009 fuel economy is not as good as the older diesels to much emission carp on their. I ALSO SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT PUT GASOLINE IN THEM. Then they drive it till it die. THE HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP WILL EXPLODE INTERNALLY AND SEND METAL THROUGH THE HOLE FUEL SYSTEM. THEN ALL THE INJECTORS AND PUMPS HAVE TO BE REPLACED. JUST IN PARTS IT IS ABOUT $6000 for the repair. Every thing get replaced except the fuel tank and the supply and return fuel line they get flushed.