GM guy drooling over a Ford....

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford....
Didn't happen tonight..The truck is a demo...There were scratches and stuff all over it...Let's just say a few "what the F-bombs" were dropped by me. I told them I refuse to take it home like that...They are going to run it through again and see what they can do. We'll see tomorrow night. I doubt they can fix it to my satisfaction---I'm picky and this is a 55k truck after all...The demo discount won't sway me on this stuff...Mileage, yes, other crap, no.

I told the general manager whoever drove it should never have a demo again...He said he had driven it...I laughed.

Keep the black one. JMHO. Like your T-case and color way better. Drive it one more yr and get the new body style which won't be "new" anymore. You can get a 6.5 ft bed w the crew also. The discounts will come.

Last edited:
   / GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #53  
I love the Raptors looks but wish it had the Eco Boost and a better payload and tow rating. I think its only 800# and 6000#

Chris

There is some company converting ecoboost 150's into Raptors. The 6.2 and 5.0 both have potential.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #54  
Keep the black one. JMHO. Like your T-case and color way better. Drive it one more yr and get the new body style which won't be "new" anymore. You can get a 6.5 ft bed w the crew also. The discounts will come.

Too late..It's in the garage...Haven't had time for pics...Moving stuff from the motorhome for the travel trailer for pickup tomorrow.

One 65 mile round trip to work..I like it. Got 16.5 50/50 mixed mpg driving like an adult, that surprised me as I thought a would lose a couple with the AWD..

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #55  

Going to get a new max trailer 5.3l with the 6. 1/2 box!!

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #56  
Too late..It's in the garage...Haven't had time for pics...Moving stuff from the motorhome for the travel trailer for pickup tomorrow.

One 65 mile round trip to work..I like it. Got 16.5 50/50 mixed mpg driving like an adult, that surprised me as I thought a would lose a couple with the AWD..

What engine?

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #57  
   / GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #58  
Going to get a new max trailer 5.3l with the 6. 1/2 box!!

I thought seriously about a 2014...It's going to take me a while to get used to the front end (the LED's around the headlights), the rest of it is nice. ...They did some really cool stuff on the 14's.

When you get it please post some pics...Between the P/U redesign and stuff like the Malibu, Impala and the Corvette it seems that GM finally got their groove back.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #59  
I thought seriously about a 2014...It's going to take me a while to get used to the front end (the LED's around the headlights), the rest of it is nice. ...They did some really cool stuff on the 14's.

When you get it please post some pics...Between the P/U redesign and stuff like the Malibu, Impala and the Corvette it seems that GM finally got their groove back.

The square nose reminds me of 73'- 87' GM trucks, I loved those.

I was thinking about going diesel, but after pricing them out, and the fact that it would not get worked too often, i will go gasser!!

Last edited:
   / GM guy drooling over a Ford....
Congrats to both of y'all on your new trucks. Thanks again for buying GM. Keeps me and many others with a job.