GM guy drooling over a Ford....

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #1  

Topkicker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
Went to the Missouri state fair yesterday. Ford had a really nice display of their new products. I love to off-road and have read many articles about the Ford F-150 Raptor. I personally own a 4 door JK Wrangler to get the job done along with a long list of mods to make it more off-road capable. The Ford Raptor has it all. 35in tires w factory bead lock wheels, front mounted camera for view of obstacles, flared fenders, and Fox reservoir shocks all standard. It's powered by a 6.2L V8 to boot. The only extra I would spend would be on a Warn winch. Now the downside. This truck that screams "I am all that is man" stickers for over 45K.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/tri...96736&ef_id=UeJfwwAAAAnHp3Sw:20130811233132:s

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #2  
don't feel bad it happens ever day. those are nice but out of my range on price

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #3  
Yup I'm a die hard Chevy guy but some of those Ford pickups have caught my attention.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #4  
I am a die hard Sierra guy, but another brand has ,caught my attention too,

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #6  
I love the Raptors looks but wish it had the Eco Boost and a better payload and tow rating. I think its only 800# and 6000#

Chris

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #7  
What's caught your eye? You know I'm gonna try to get you in a new body style Sierra. LOL! The one in your avatar pic still looks great BTW.

http://www.gmc.com/sierra-1500-pickup-truck.html

I love the new 2014 Sierra. Really looking at a Duramax next truck, but the easier serviceability of the Cummins has me thinking of pricing a Ram too.

I figure 3 more years will put me over 400,000 kms/250,000 miles. Thanks for the compliment.

If i don't get a diesel, a 4wd 5.3DI Maxx trailer crew cab SLT it will be.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford....
I love the Raptors looks but wish it had the Eco Boost and a better payload and tow rating. I think its only 800# and 6000#

Chris

SVT is all about performance. The Raptor was built to be an off-road performer. Not a work truck. It appeals to a small market... Especially with that price tag. LOL!!

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #9  
The Raptor looks like a Bad Boy. I'll bet it would be fun to drive, off road.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #10