Compact Diesel trucks that we can't get here

/ Compact Diesel trucks that we can't get here #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Figured since this has been a very popular topic of late, and since Im as guilty as anybody for taking a thread on other vehicles off topic, i think that it should have its own thread. Who knows maybe the manufacturers are looking;). Post up your most wanted list for them to see!

My current favourite that we cant have (although there is talk of it coming to Canada) is the VW Amarok. Diesel. Available Crew Cab. Manual trans. 35ish USmpg. Priced mid $20's to high $30,000's fully loaded.

1006125_533150260056087_233567568_n.jpg

Ute aka Cab+Chassis
328525d1374465430-ford-says-no-diesel-f-amarok-29-025.jpg

/ Compact Diesel trucks that we can't get here
Here's a video test done by Aussie Top Gear. The second vehicle is a fave of mine too, the Audi R8. Hey its 4wd.. so its a fair comparison.;) They say the Amarok compares well to the Hilux and fit and finish is excellent.

Last edited:
Part 2

Another vehicle Id love to see, the traditional diesel land cruiser with a Ute body.

LandCruiser1.jpg

One more. Not only is it diesel, but it is built with higher spec equipment than the normal Jeep Wrangler and is used by the military. The Jeep J8. Basically its a factory 'upbuild" using the parts that many guys do when they build an off-road Jeep, think of something in the lines of the Ford Raptor. There is however some talk that there will be a "normal" diesel wrangler here in a few years because it is in current US production but just not sold in NA.

The Jeep J8
j8.jpg

/ Compact Diesel trucks that we can't get here #6  
"Oh, the pain, the pain!" - Zachary Smith

While about 1% of vehicles sold in the U.S. are diesel, it's been determined that about 3.5% of Canadians buy diesel vehicles (more than hybrid and electric vehicles). This statistic is achieved with very few diesel options available (particularly in the car and light-truck market). It's estimated that 40% of VW (and 75-80% of Mercedes-Benz) customers will choose diesel when given both options. Canadian customers tend to prefer efficiency and resale value while U.S. customers continue to have a negative impression of diesel engines because of historical experiences with the technology from the 1980s. The company has indicated that they will proceed slowly to evaluate the potential market with a potential entrance coinciding with the newest model of the Amarok. - Diveau, Scott (2012-02-27). "Diesel models becoming more desirable". Financial Post. Retrieved 2013-02-15.

The legacy of the Olds dieseline V-8s haunts us to this day.
Hope the Chevy Cruze can turn that around.

/ Compact Diesel trucks that we can't get here #7  
That's very unfortunate that we can't get the VW truck in the North American market. Diesel being what it is today at the pump in the US, higher than premium fuel, is priced way above what is used to be in the 90's, but the fuel efficiency of diesel rigs along with longevity makes it an attractive alternative to what we are driving today.

I own a newer 2011 ram 1500 CC, 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi, with just over 24k miles now. No matter how you drive it, it gets 14mpg all day long. A far cry from the supposed 20mpg they advertise it can get, but gets nothing even close, less shut off, rolling down hill with the wind at your back.

/ Compact Diesel trucks that we can't get here #8  
:shocked::thumbsup::drool::drool::drool:

Subscribed.

Rgds, D.

/ Compact Diesel trucks that we can't get here #9  
Great topic, SCOOBY

I love small trucks (my first was a 71 Datsun PL521), and there are none sold in the US
anymore. I would love to see a Diesel here, but you guys in the Great White North are
more likely to see them. Never saw that V-dub before...looks nice.

I posted a photo of the Toyota Hilux Diesel a year or so ago, from a trip to Columbia.
This year, we spent some time in Chile and saw lots of cool new trucks, none of which
are available here. Most seemed to be 4x4 Diesels with 4 doors.

First is a Mitsubishi L200. Nice color, unfortunately damaged.

Attachments

• mits_L200.jpg
    mits_L200.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 858
   / Compact Diesel trucks that we can't get here #10  
ScoobyDoo -

We're too old to be hyperventilating! Cut it out!!

:drool: