Ike Gauntlet 2.0 (6.2 Silverado, Titan, F150 Ecoboost)

/ Ike Gauntlet 2.0 (6.2 Silverado, Titan, F150 Ecoboost) #2  
Those comparisons really surprised me. GM neutered that beast to keep mpgs up apparently, but it defeats the purpose of a big engine if it constantly loses power under load. I'll bet that gets changed after more comparison articles show that little V6 out pulling the 6.2. The EcoBoost beat it by so much, I wonder how GM's 5.3 compares to their 6.2. It might be very close.

/ Ike Gauntlet 2.0 (6.2 Silverado, Titan, F150 Ecoboost) #3  
All bark and no bite. HP means very little and making torque at the top of the RPM Band, Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!

Chris

/ Ike Gauntlet 2.0 (6.2 Silverado, Titan, F150 Ecoboost)
Diamondpilot, I figured you would like this since I know you are a ecoboost lover like me. It also shows your titan if you go to their website or youtube channel. I think the Chevy still out pulls the ecoboost if they would have put the trans in manual. It proves that people should stop comparing the ecoboost to the 5.anything motors because it pulls in the 6.0 and up motor class.

/ Ike Gauntlet 2.0 (6.2 Silverado, Titan, F150 Ecoboost) #5  
Diamondpilot, I figured you would like this since I know you are a ecoboost lover like me. It also shows your titan if you go to their website or youtube channel. I think the Chevy still out pulls the ecoboost if they would have put the trans in manual. It proves that people should stop comparing the ecoboost to the 5.anything motors because it pulls in the 6.0 and up motor class.

It's interesting to me that the Titan, a 11 year old design that has not changed any, was only 1/2 minutes behind the GM and gave up over 100 HP and was pulling above its tow limit while the GM was 1500# below. Just goes to show how well the Titan was engineered back on 03 that it can compete with the offerings of today. It flat stomped the competition back then.

Chris

/ Ike Gauntlet 2.0 (6.2 Silverado, Titan, F150 Ecoboost) #6  
Those comparisons really surprised me. GM neutered that beast to keep mpgs up apparently, but it defeats the purpose of a big engine if it constantly loses power under load. I'll bet that gets changed after more comparison articles show that little V6 out pulling the 6.2. The EcoBoost beat it by so much, I wonder how GM's 5.3 compares to their 6.2. It might be very close.
If they had manually downshifted to keep it in the power band it would have been a different outcome. I agree that the shift pattern seems to be more economy based. They even stated that near the end of the video (Ford shift points for power and GM for MPG)

/ Ike Gauntlet 2.0 (6.2 Silverado, Titan, F150 Ecoboost)
If they had manually downshifted to keep it in the power band it would have been a different outcome. I agree that the shift pattern seems to be more economy based. They even stated that near the end of the video (Ford shift points for power and GM for MPG)

I agree with using manual shift would have been better. Someone on their website said the rev limiter would be hit at 62 MPH in second gear with that transmission and rear end. I didn't check their math but if that is true, it would be a screamin ride up. Here is his quote:
"
For those that say that they just should have put it in manual shift mode, it wouldn't have helped much. If you look at 12:29 of the Chevy video, he is at 50 mph at 3000 rpm. Based on the tire size for that rim and the rear gear ratio that would mean he was in 3rd gear at that time based on the gearing of the GM 6L80 transmission. When the truck downshifted into 2nd, it went into the 5,000 rpm range. Based on previous videos of the guys showing the rpm gauge at WOT, we know that it pegs out at 5,750 at WOT before it shifts. With the gearing of the Chevy's 2nd gear(2.364:1) the max you can go even in manual mode is 62 mph before you are bouncing off the rev limiter at 5,750 rpm so even manual mode would have helped this truck get a better time than the Ecoboost that had plenty of power and rpm in 3rd gear to go faster. "

/ Ike Gauntlet 2.0 (6.2 Silverado, Titan, F150 Ecoboost) #8  
Also, with the Ford they had to let up on the acceleration several times due to them going too fast. It makes you wonder how much time they could have shaved off if there was no traffic or speed limit.

/ Ike Gauntlet 2.0 (6.2 Silverado, Titan, F150 Ecoboost) #9  
Also, with the Ford they had to let up on the acceleration several times due to them going too fast. It makes you wonder how much time they could have shaved off if there was no traffic or speed limit.

They said in the video the Ecoboost would have held 80 mph if they wanted.

Chris

/ Ike Gauntlet 2.0 (6.2 Silverado, Titan, F150 Ecoboost) #10  
So if the 3.5 TT Ecoboost out pulls Chevy's new 6.2, when will we see Ford add TT's to the 5.0 and offer that as a gas alternative to the PSD in their Superduty line? Thought I read the 5.0 with DI was designed so that they could, if they wanted, add twin turbo's to it. Would love to see the torque and HP curves for that motor. With the extra cost and emissions complexities of today's diesels, you would think a tow-monster gas alternative would be welcomed in the heavy duty line-up.