Offroad Normand Trailer Purchase

/ Offroad Normand Trailer Purchase #1  

Haoleguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5325; Landini Mistral 50
Since there are not many posts about Normand products( Company Normand - History ) and less so for their trailers I thought I would share my recent purchase of a small vineyard trailer.

My selection towards Normand was based on specific requirements for a vineyard use trailer. My rows between vines are narrow at 84 inches on center(less when considering posts and canopy hedge) and I wanted the trailer to be no wider than 54 inches as that would match my tractor width. Target length would be 7-8 ft and deck height around 2ft. My requirements were to carry between 1.25 and 2 tons of materials. I needed at least 50 inches inside bed width to handle 1 ton bins or lugs for grapes at harvest. The bed should be able to dump so that I can carry rock, stone, & brush. When you look at these requirements it means an over-deck design and to keep the bed height in the 2 ft range a walking beam construction that would allow good weight capacity.

So when I first started looking through my tractor dealer(AgroTrend & John BM Manufacturing) or online(Pronovost, Pro-Haul = King Kutter, Taylor-Way & others) I could not find exactly what I was looking for. At this time it became clear to me that there is a balance between trailer materials weight and how that eats up weight capacity. So finding capacity capability and durability is a fine line. So I contacted my local welder to see if he could build me a trailer as he is well known for quality truck flatbeds. He did not have time to track materials down so I did that and quickly learned how to match spindles, hubs, wheels, and tires to get the most weight carrying capability in a small package. Things dragged on with my welder so I abandoned local build and started checking around again. The folks at Pro-Haul were terrific and willing to make a longer trailer from their King Kutter XB design but weight capacity was still a slight issue. It was searching through online equipment sites that I saw what Normand was offering in the same category through dealers in Canada. I sent them an email and got a response back that they could sell direct into the US. After going back and forth on details it was clear that the gauge metal used was thicker, the hubs & spindles were heavier duty, and with a tire upgrade I could carry more weight than the competitor could offer. Also the sides fold down or can be taken off completely to get a flat deck. The fit and finish look great. I have used it very little thus far as I just received it but in the coming weeks and months I will report back on how things are working with this little trailer on several tasks. Heres' a few pics.......Gary

Attachments

• NT1.jpg
    NT1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,292
  • NT2.jpg
    NT2.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 707
  • NT3.jpg
    NT3.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 1,045
   / Offroad Normand Trailer Purchase #2  
That is a nice little trailer. I could use one like that for firewood.

Chris

/ Offroad Normand Trailer Purchase #3  
Yea, that would be slick behind the RTV !:thumbsup:

/ Offroad Normand Trailer Purchase
They do offer a manual pump or electric pump for the dump function so that you can pull it with an ATV and dump.....Gary

/ Offroad Normand Trailer Purchase #6  
Normand make some good products, I have a snowblower they make and a hay wagon.

/ Offroad Normand Trailer Purchase #8  
I know this is an old post, but are you able to update on the trailer? I'm going to look at the same one today.

I'm somewhat concerned that axle design doesn't offer the ground clearance of a true walking beam.

/ Offroad Normand Trailer Purchase #9  
It's really good to be a part of such helpful community. I am looking to haul my car, one of my colleagues suggested me to visit this page and take professional help for hauling. But I'm confused should I buy a hauler or take help of experts, what will save me more money. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

/ Offroad Normand Trailer Purchase
I know this is an old post, but are you able to update on the trailer? I'm going to look at the same one today.

I'm somewhat concerned that axle design doesn't offer the ground clearance of a true walking beam.

I’m still very pleased with the product. Use it all the time in 5 acre vineyard and surrounding 37 acres. I do not go over large objects with it but generally performs well on open land. I woul purchase this trailer again.