Looking to buy a car hauler

/ Looking to buy a car hauler #1  

jdzaya

Tractor
2013 John Deere 3720 W/300cx Loader
Hey guy's, I'm interested in buying a car hauling trailer. Is there anything I should look for as far as brands or features? My Father in law and I have F-250 and F-350 Quad cabs that will be doing most of the towing. We will be hauling mostly mini vans and my 3720 John Deere with attachments now and then.

/ Looking to buy a car hauler #2  
Why not do a search here on this site.

Hours of helpful reading is available to you.

/ Looking to buy a car hauler #3  
Decide how much you plan to tow (not now but max future). Most car haulers are light weight. Mine only has 3.5k axles with 1 brake. Fine for towing cars and my old b7500 but not enough for my tractor now.

HTH

/ Looking to buy a car hauler #4  
18 foot minimum deck. I had a 16 when I used to race, and the *** end of the car was always past the rear bulkhead of the trailer. Didn't hurt anything, just looked a little funny.

/ Looking to buy a car hauler #6  
I have a 20' Hydraulic tilt bed trailer by H&H trailer. No ramps to mess with. Works great hauling cars, trucks, tractors, etc. Mine is only 7K rated. When you get one get brakes on both axles. It worth the few extra bucks. My next trailer will be at least 20' and 14K rated since I now have a bigger truck to tow with. Also get a good winch and at least one spare wheel and tire.

/ Looking to buy a car hauler
Thanks so much for your help! Although I found a trailer I like before I read your comment. But it makes me feel good about what I am purchasing! It's a 20' dual axle with brakes and a dove tail. 14K rated with the swing up ramps, which I wasn't planning on getting with the shorter and lighter weight trailer. The slide in or stored ramps are kind of a pain in rear too. I don't want to regret not having what I need in a trailer in the future. At some point I will get a winch, and be sure to get the spare wheel and tire. Thanks again,
Zaya

/ Looking to buy a car hauler #8  
That trailer should work out very well for most anything you need haul. I own about the same trailer, and I have no problems hauling what ever I need to haul

/ Looking to buy a car hauler
Thanks kenmac, maybe someday I'll have as many toy's as you have!

/ Looking to buy a car hauler #10  
Thanks so much for your help! Although I found a trailer I like before I read your comment. But it makes me feel good about what I am purchasing! It's a 20' dual axle with brakes and a dove tail. 14K rated with the swing up ramps, which I wasn't planning on getting with the shorter and lighter weight trailer. The slide in or stored ramps are kind of a pain in rear too. I don't want to regret not having what I need in a trailer in the future. At some point I will get a winch, and be sure to get the spare wheel and tire. Thanks again, Zaya

Sounds like a good trailer, 14K and brakes on both axels and 20+ feet is the way to go. Post some pics when you get it.