Dump / Utility Trailer Combo

/ Dump / Utility Trailer Combo #1  

Daves3032E

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3032E
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but from a few minutes of searching I didn't come up with much. I currently have an 18 ft utility trailer to haul my 3032e and wood splitter to places to gather firewood. I have been gathering about 25 cord per year (sell most of it for not a lot of profit). Loading wood in log form is easy, but then I have a heck of a time getting it unloaded at home (tractor gets left behind). Or I can buck it up, but then it takes a while to load and unload. I do most of my processing back home when I have time. It would be great if I could use a dump trailer to haul everything, but they get way to heavy for the size that I would need. Not sure if a 14 ft trailer would even be big enough.

I came across these guys with a combo dump / utility trailer: Side Dump

On CL I saw one that was very similar but the dump was over the axles and and a utility deck out front - I think this would be ideal.
Has anyone here used these types of trailers? Thoughts?

Attached is my current set up.

Attachments

• IMAG2800.jpg
    IMAG2800.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 612
   / Dump / Utility Trailer Combo #2  
There is a place around Toledo Ohio called Ron's Trailers. He makes a flatbed that will go high enough to dump stones/whatever. He will also build whatever you want.

Ron's Trailers, Inc. 419-691-RONS(7667)

Attachments

• Trailer.jpg
    Trailer.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 410
   / Dump / Utility Trailer Combo
There is a place around Toledo Ohio called Ron's Trailers. He makes a flatbed that will go high enough to dump stones/whatever. He will also build whatever you want.

Ron's Trailers, Inc. 419-691-RONS(7667)

Thanks for the link. Something like that is exactly was I was looking for. I sent an email and now waiting for a response.

/ Dump / Utility Trailer Combo #4  
A lot of low profile dump trailers have ramps for loading equipment. Althougth you'll need more truck than that Dakota, empty the trailer will be 3000lbs.

A lot of low profile dump trailers have ramps for loading equipment. Althougth you'll need more truck than that Dakota, empty the trailer will be 3000lbs.
Wish we could get a RAM 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, but we just can't swing it. I keep an eye out, but never seem to find any that we can afford.

/ Dump / Utility Trailer Combo #6  
Here is another option if you got the money. You will need a bigger truck for this one also.

Big Dog Trailers

Here is another option if you got the money. You will need a bigger truck for this one also.

Big Dog Trailers

That's a nice looking trailer. The more I look into this the more it looks like I'm going to have to figure something out with my current trailer... Not sure what exactly, but something.

/ Dump / Utility Trailer Combo #8  
I have a 20ft Lamar brand dump/utility combo.

Like all things it is a compromise as it does not do either job as well. It's a little higher than a standard utility to clear the lift ram and does not reach the same angle as a dedicated dump trailer so it does not dump as well if you have a 'sticky' cargo.

Mine has a normal rail and removable sides and rear gate about a foot tall.

It's a little short for the bush hog though.

130821_0000.jpg

I have a 20ft Lamar brand dump/utility combo.

Like all things it is a compromise as it does not do either job as well. It's a little higher than a standard utility to clear the lift ram and does not reach the same angle as a dedicated dump trailer so it does not dump as well if you have a 'sticky' cargo.

Mine has a normal rail and removable sides and rear gate about a foot tall.

It's a little short for the bush hog though.

I looked on their website, but did find that type of trailer listed. The closest I was able to find was a tilt deck. Maybe they don't make them anymore? Or I just didn't see it - that's a good possibility!

I did get a response back from Ron's Trailers. They can do something very much like a concept that I put together for around $8,500. I would like to think that this would work really well for me:

Trailer_Dump_Combo.jpg

/ Dump / Utility Trailer Combo #10  
Brilliant. The Ron's trailer site still has plenty of pics (scroll down) of the hybrid equipment/dump trailer. As long as it has some stake pockets for adding side rails, I love it. The angle shown in bigkrank's first photo above is plenty for dumping some rocks/dirt, etc.