Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71
Congrats; Black beauty! I hope to have one like this in 2016. To the member who posted about the trucks being "cheapened" and not being able to carry a plow; give your head a shake! Who in their right mind does ANY kind of REAL work with a 1/2 ton lol Ridiculous! Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

Thanks! Yeah I wasn't too thrilled about black, wanted white actually. Problem was there was a $1400 difference between the one I wanted and this one even though the options are identical. Something about a price hike GM did and mine was built before that occurred. Needless to say I learned to love black real fast. Had the white one had $1400 more worth of options then maybe but I couldn't see paying that much for just a color.

I will never need a plow as I love in SC so when we do get snow it's rare or very little. All I need this one to do is pull gravity wagons, small sprayers, trailers, haul stuff. Only reason I was even considering the f250's is because I read online that you could get up to $10,000 off a 2014 one. Same with the f150. Best I could get was $8000 and I ended up getting $7400 off the Silverado plus they gave me the best trade-in offer. Like I said, I gave Ford 3 chances and their dealers couldn't close the deal. I hate it because I really wanted an FX4 with the 5.0 or a 6.2 f250 but in the end I'm glad I got this Z71. It's only an LT with All Star package but it has tons of features. Probably the best overall value you can get in a GM pickup.

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #12  
Thanks! Yeah I wasn't too thrilled about black, wanted white actually. Problem was there was a $1400 difference between the one I wanted and this one even though the options are identical. Something about a price hike GM did and mine was built before that occurred. Needless to say I learned to love black real fast. Had the white one had $1400 more worth of options then maybe but I couldn't see paying that much for just a color. I will never need a plow as I love in SC so when we do get snow it's rare or very little. All I need this one to do is pull gravity wagons, small sprayers, trailers, haul stuff. Only reason I was even considering the f250's is because I read online that you could get up to $10,000 off a 2014 one. Same with the f150. Best I could get was $8000 and I ended up getting $7400 off the Silverado plus they gave me the best trade-in offer. Like I said, I gave Ford 3 chances and their dealers couldn't close the deal. I hate it because I really wanted an FX4 with the 5.0 or a 6.2 f250 but in the end I'm glad I got this Z71. It's only an LT with All Star package but it has tons of features. Probably the best overall value you can get in a GM pickup.

Have owned 2 gm's '96 Silverado and current '06 Sierra.

Had an '06 FX4 super crew dark charcoal grey metallic with 18" alloys. Fit and finish and styling was years ahead of GM at the time; gas mileage not so much...

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #13  
Congrats; Black beauty!

I hope to have one like this in 2016.

To the member who posted about the trucks being "cheapened" and not being able to carry a plow; give your head a shake! Who in their right mind does ANY kind of REAL work with a 1/2 ton lol Ridiculous!

Plows on 3/4 and 1 ton GM trucks are a issue also. Solid front axle trucks for plowing are far superior. That leaves Ford and Dodge.

Chris

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #14  
I've always heard that the CC Silverados were made in Mexico, along with the 'burbans. Most other vehicles (cars) made in Canada.

...of course I could have heard wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #15  
I looked at Trucks last year was knocked out for quite some time by sticker shock. Decided to wash my 95 WT instead maybe even buy it a Seat cover.

Last edited:
   / Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #16  
I've always heard that the CC Silverados were made in Mexico, along with the 'burbans. Most other vehicles (cars) made in Canada. ...of course I could have heard wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
Most are made in Texas, including suburbans. HS

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #17  
Nice looking truck. I love a clean black vehicle. I owned ONE and feel your pain of wanting a white one because black is near impossible to maintain a clean look. The saying "once you go black, you'll never go back" didn't ring true to me. LOL. Just remind yourself of the money you saved after you just spent 90 minutes cleaning and detailing it to minutes later seeing dust on that beautiful paint.

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #18  
Nice looking truck. I love a clean black vehicle. I owned ONE and feel your pain of wanting a white one because black is near impossible to maintain a clean look. The saying "once you go black, you'll never go back" didn't ring true to me. LOL. Just remind yourself of the money you saved after you just spent 90 minutes cleaning and detailing it to minutes later seeing dust on that beautiful paint.

As you say a black vehicle looks great when first washed. I took a Black on Black on vacation one time to Florida in August. Talk about being in an oven. The AC just could not cool that thing when the exterior air temperature bounced around in the nineties. One thing about that trip that I profited from though, never buy a car with a vinyl interior, go cloth or leather.

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #19  
I looked at Trucks last year was knocked out for quite some time by sticker shock. Decided to was my 95 WT instead maybe even buy it a Seat cover.

Sticker shock, how about tongue drop? I looked at a Ford Truck the other day in a parking lot still bearing the "Window Sticker" that someone had just purchased close to sixty grand.

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #20  

Yup my '96 Silverado was black with Sandstone metallic on the lower quarter. What a PITA to keep clean; I swore never again!

But it did look sweet when clean; for at least 10minutes!

Attachments

• image-3335139997.jpg
    image-3335139997.jpg
    662.3 KB · Views: 132