Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
Had to buy another 1/2 ton truck as my Tacoma was awesome, just a bit too small for what I needed. Sure gonna miss it and wish I could afford to keep it as a backup truck. I traded it in on Tuesday and a guy was there buying it yesterday as I was picking up my new truck. All they did was give it a good wash and it didn't sit on the lot 24 hours before it was gone. So far I like this new Z71. Worlds better then my 2011 I had.

Attachments

• image-1567573249.jpg
    image-1567573249.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 600
   / Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #2  
Leveled?
Purdy!

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71
Leveled? Purdy!
Nope that's how it came from the factory. The crew cabs have less rake then the regular or double cabs and it's noticeable when you see them side by side. I wanted white but wasn't paying $1400 for a truck that had the same options just a different color. Something about my truck was built before the GM price hike. Needless to say I learned to love black really quick.

Thanks for the compliment!

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #4  
Beautiful truck..Congrats.

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #5  
On another note... Nice looking truck! You will enjoy the extra room on any longer trips I'm sure.

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71
Thanks for the compliments! I will say that yeah the whole bailout thing did weigh in on my decision some. I was never happy about it, still aren't. I had a brand new Ram with the Hemi and 8-speed for a rental for two days and absolutely hated it. It was the Bighorn edition I believe and it just reminded me of the days of Dodge being cheap. Their higher trim interiors are very nice but that one wasn't. I really looked hard at Fords, f150's and even f250's. Ford dealers are a pain in the you know what to deal with. I went to 3 different ones and couldn't get a deal worked out. One of the dealers still calls me even after I bought my Silverado! Thought about a new Tundra but couldn't get past the gas mileage. Went to go see my friend who is a GM salesman and told him what I needed and to make it work. He did and I'm very happy with the whole deal. These 14's are not anything like the ones they replaced. Trust me, I was down on them when they first came out but as soon as I sat in one and drove them I knew I was a fool who'd just eaten his words. If GM would have been building trucks like this for years they would have never sniffed bankruptcy! These are quality built trucks, fit and finish, everything. This 14 makes my 2011 feel like it's 20 years old. You just have to go sit in one of these trucks and drive them to really appreciate them.

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #7  
Thanks for the compliments! I will say that yeah the whole bailout thing did weigh in on my decision some. I was never happy about it, still aren't. I had a brand new Ram with the Hemi and 8-speed for a rental for two days and absolutely hated it. It was the Bighorn edition I believe and it just reminded me of the days of Dodge being cheap. Their higher trim interiors are very nice but that one wasn't. I really looked hard at Fords, f150's and even f250's. Ford dealers are a pain in the you know what to deal with. I went to 3 different ones and couldn't get a deal worked out. One of the dealers still calls me even after I bought my Silverado! Thought about a new Tundra but couldn't get past the gas mileage. Went to go see my friend who is a GM salesman and told him what I needed and to make it work. He did and I'm very happy with the whole deal. These 14's are not anything like the ones they replaced. Trust me, I was down on them when they first came out but as soon as I sat in one and drove them I knew I was a fool who'd just eaten his words. If GM would have been building trucks like this for years they would have never sniffed bankruptcy! These are quality built trucks, fit and finish, everything. This 14 makes my 2011 feel like it's 20 years old. You just have to go sit in one of these trucks and drive them to really appreciate them.

I will agree with you on the quality. The VP of my company just got a 2014 GMC 3500 Dmax SRW 4x4 and it's unbelievable compared to my bosses 2010.

Chris

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #8  

You're right..I did drive a '14 before I bought my '13..The '14 was incredible as to fit/finish and general quality. They just made me a deal I couldn't refuse on the '13 or I'd have bought the '14...The are a slew of bed configurations now too, that's kinda nice..

Seeing a ton of the GM '14's on the road, so many others agree with you.

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #9  
I sat in one of the 14'S at the stockshow and was very impressed with fit/finish! Great looking truck! Hopefully it serves you well for many years.

/ Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 #10  

Congrats; Black beauty!

I hope to have one like this in 2016.

To the member who posted about the trucks being "cheapened" and not being able to carry a plow; give your head a shake! Who in their right mind does ANY kind of REAL work with a 1/2 ton lol Ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet