Go Away GM

/ Go Away GM #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
GM is back in the courts seeking protection from law suits. I wish that GM will just fail and drop off the map. No such thing as too big to fail.

mark

/ Go Away GM #2  
No , they should just own up to their " mistakes " and do the RIGHT thing ... or have their feet held to the fire ...

then become good corporate people and run the company correctly and treat people like they want to be treated ...

the customer and workers should come before massive profits ....

the mandatory " jail until all the cars are fixed " for any division manager ( or VP) if they knowingly allow "safety" defective cars off the lot or fail to recall them immediately .... they are the ones ultimately responsible for what goes on under them ...

/ Go Away GM #3  
Some folks seem to think the operator of a car has no responsibility for acting safely in an emergency situation. It is all the manufacturers fault whenever a mechanical failure happens and they must pay outrageous sums of money to the affected. It is time we got back to accepting some responsibility for our own actions rather than always blaming someone else.

Does the manufacturer have to spell out that you shouldn't hang an anvil or similar heavy objects from the key ring or it may cause adverse effects? Even so, the key turning off the engine should not be a life and death situation and could be safely managed.
I didn't see anyone wanting to lynch the TOYOTA management folks when they blatantly covered up the brake fault with their cars and refused to make a recall or is it just GM that should be held accountable for any and every item. What about the switch manufacturer, should we shut them down, lock up their managers, throw them in a dark dungeon?

I don't think any company knowingly builds something that will injure or kill someone, but when it happens they all try to protect their interest. That is why we have courts and lawyers to prey upon the injured and make more money on the deal than the injured party, but that is just my opinion.

/ Go Away GM #4  
Some folks seem to think the operator of a car has no responsibility for acting safely in an emergency situation. It is all the manufacturers fault whenever a mechanical failure happens and they must pay outrageous sums of money to the affected. It is time we got back to accepting some responsibility for our own actions rather than always blaming someone else.

Does the manufacturer have to spell out that you shouldn't hang an anvil or similar heavy objects from the key ring or it may cause adverse effects? Even so, the key turning off the engine should not be a life and death situation and could be safely managed.
I didn't see anyone wanting to lynch the TOYOTA management folks when they blatantly covered up the brake fault with their cars and refused to make a recall or is it just GM that should be held accountable for any and every item. What about the switch manufacturer, should we shut them down, lock up their managers, throw them in a dark dungeon?

I don't think any company knowingly builds something that will injure or kill someone, but when it happens they all try to protect their interest. That is why we have courts and lawyers to prey upon the injured and make more money on the deal than the injured party, but that is just my opinion.

GM knew about the flawed switches for over a decade and made no design changes. That's a problem.

/ Go Away GM #5  
GM knew about the flawed switches for over a decade and made no design changes. That's a problem.

I agree. And Toyota did step up to the plate.

Chris

/ Go Away GM #6  
GM is back in the courts seeking protection from law suits. I wish that GM will just fail and drop off the map. No such thing as too big to fail.

mark

That is a very selfish wish you have there.

GM employs over 200,000 people in 37 countries.

/ Go Away GM #7  
I don't really want to see GM go under but lets face it they did screw up to some degree here. They can't bury their head in the sand and ignore the fact that people don't hang stuff off their key rings. Were not talking an anvil here either. They design cars to be wrecked don't they? They have to account for the idiots too.

/ Go Away GM #8  
I don't give two boots about GM as a company. I prefer their full size trucks but will never touch another one of their cars. The key stuck in my moms 2008 Malibu and you couldn't get it out. She wasn't driving, it was sitting in the driveway. That's when I told her we were taking that pos and getting something else. It's amazing how good their trucks are but the rest of their vehicle lineup is junk in my opinion.

/ Go Away GM #9  
Well I don't want GM to go away, as I still have one of their trucks!.. I do believe GM has some culpability over the key switch issue, as they knew it was causing wrecks for years and made a conscious decision to not recall. BUT on the other hand I believe consumers need to have a brain before they get behind the wheel of a car also. Several of the wrecks were from "liquored up" drivers that their brain was so fogged with alcohol, they could not react to an emergency restart and not hit a tree. So I have mixed feelings about the situation. Yes GM has some fault and some at least of the drivers have some fault. Yes I know we must build systems for the lowest common denominator, but driving an automobile is a conscious decision you as an individual makes. Much like picking up a firearm, both can kill you if you are stupid.

/ Go Away GM #10  
I'm surprised that someone hasn't come up with, "it was the old GM, not us" defense.