Sticker shock....!!!

/ Sticker shock....!!! #131  
Nope, not my shop. That was taken on a trip to Maine.

I completely re-restored the A a few years ago. Added side mounts and painted it Bronson yellow/brown trim, but no pictures of it.

A friend of mine recently sold an Olds like yours.

Nice stuff you have.

Last edited:
   / Sticker shock....!!! #132  
1931 Model A Ford on Treasure Island.jpgAll I need is a nice BARN... talk about sticker shock! Just the permits and engineering for a simple barn are over 20k.

When Chrysler was going down for the count a few years ago, my brother bought a 300 with 5,000 miles or 12k... some were thinking he paid too much for a soon to be orphan Mark.

I painted my pickup Bronson and Black... always like the Bronson Yellow because it was anything but drab.

/ Sticker shock....!!! #133  
A few years ago, I moved up from my 1983 daily driver to a 1993 Cadillac. Then a couple of years later I moved to my current 1996 Caddy. My 1999 F250 is running strong. I have my wife in a new 2014 Ford, but I don't mind the oldies. Some day I will have a car without a cassette tape.

/ Sticker shock....!!!
Something I really miss about the older vehicles was that you could work on them without needing special tools or a multi thousand dollar electronic gadget that reads trouble codes. I could replace the drive belt on my '92 Olds 98 with a wrench or two in five minutes, but to replace the drive belt on my '04 Saturn requires you to pull the air filter box and support the engine underneath so you can remove the passenger side motor mount, and then you can access the drive belt....Frickin' insane.

/ Sticker shock....!!! #135  
It does seem repair is almost an afterthought... although, maintenance items tend to be OK

When I see how buried things are it makes me appreciate what I have.. especially my older pickups... open the hood and EVERYTHING is right there... plus and a new Delco water pump $75 is hard to beat...

/ Sticker shock....!!! #136  
$71,000 for a vehicle that's made up of parts from the lowest bidder....and the dealer tells me they make very little on new car sales.....:censored:

/ Sticker shock....!!! #137  
$71,000 for a vehicle that's made up of parts from the lowest bidder....and the dealer tells me they make very little on new car sales.....:censored:

And the sad thing is yeah it'll be worth a lot less in a year but go try to buy it off of a car lot. You'll still pay $69000 even though it's worth much less. It doesn't make sense to buy used trucks right now, the savings just arent there. I'm still seeing 9-10 year old trucks command $19-20k prices and they won't deal AT ALL.

/ Sticker shock....!!! #138  
And the sad thing is yeah it'll be worth a lot less in a year but go try to buy it off of a car lot. You'll still pay $69000 even though it's worth much less. It doesn't make sense to buy used trucks right now, the savings just arent there. I'm still seeing 9-10 year old trucks command $19-20k prices and they won't deal AT ALL.

I just sold my 08 Nissan Titan with 97,000 miles and half worn out tires for $6500 less than I paid for it new in April 09. It was a left over.

Anyway, new tires are $1400 for that truck. Other than a ser of brakes, a tail light bulb, and a battery the original tires is all I replaced. By far the cheapest to own and drive vehicle I have owned.

Chris

/ Sticker shock....!!! #139  
I just sold my 08 Nissan Titan with 97,000 miles and half worn out tires for $6500 less than I paid for it new in April 09. It was a left over. Anyway, new tires are $1400 for that truck. Other than a ser of brakes, a tail light bulb, and a battery the original tires is all I replaced. By far the cheapest to own and drive vehicle I have owned. Chris

Did it have 18" wheels? Tired for those are dang expensive! Cost more then 20"! I'm dreading having to replace the tires on my z71 as they are 18's

/ Sticker shock....!!! #140  
Did it have 18" wheels? Tired for those are dang expensive! Cost more then 20"! I'm dreading having to replace the tires on my z71 as they are 18's

Both of my trucks have the old standard 235-15 LT truck tires...

Last time I went to buy 4 tires I was told they would have to order because it is not stocked???

235-15 is probably the most common truck tire size ever made.