Darn car salespeople.....

/ Darn car salespeople..... #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
My GF is currently an hour's drive away, trying to trade up her older car for a later model small SUV, and although I offered to go with her and deal with the salesperson, she told me she wanted the experience. Well, I think I know just about every trick in the book they use, like trying to sell you the extended warranty, asking you what you want to pay a month, making you wait in the hopes you will accept the lower trade in offer they come back with...well, every time the salesguy tries something like that, she texts me and gets my input about it....she has shot down EVERYTHING he has tried in the hopes of making a spiff, and when I told her to ask for a lower interest rate, she got him to knock off 2% ("Because my credit union offers loans at less than you do") :laughing:

While I am one of those guys who actually ENJOYS dickering about a major purchase because I usually know more about the product than they do...Example: Asked the salesman about the tow rating of a 3/4 ton truck I had been looking at....he answered, "I don't know for sure, let me look it up" and I told him "well, it's 8100 pounds with the 3.73 ratio and 10,000 pounds with a 4:10 ratio...." he acted like I was speaking Spanish...:laughing: I find any real product knowledge to be sadly lacking in most situations.

I have met a few, a very few, really good and capable salespeople in my life who actually took the time to KNOW the product they were selling AND have the common sense not to b*llshit a customer. Sadly, there seems to be a real dearth of qualified people and I am really sorry both my favorite salesmen are no longer in the business.

/ Darn car salespeople..... #2  
If you want to have a little more fun with them, ask them what that XX liter engine is in cubic inches. I haven't found one yet that can tell me.

Note: 61ci in a liter.

/ Darn car salespeople..... #3  
Your Car salesman is no longer in business because he could not make a living.

/ Darn car salespeople.....
If you want to have a little more fun with them, ask them what that XX liter engine is in cubic inches. I haven't found one yet that can tell me.

Even an old fart like me knows that one....and the point is: The salesguy said NOTHING to my GF about the vehicle she was looking at being rated very high in crash safety, that it has a backup camera, that it's considered one of the best in it's class for reliability, that it has had NO major recalls during the term of production, that it's a major brand with a dealership 4 miles from where she lives? NO, NOTHING. The moron chose to ask "do you like the color, look at these cupholders, I can sell you the extended warranty and paint protection: (but I have zero clue as to the axle ratio or towing capacity or if there is even a spare tire and jack)

Honest to (Bleep) how do salespeople manage to sell ANYTHING, unless the majority of customers are dumber than they are????!!!

Your Car salesman is no longer in business because he could not make a living.

Maybe if he KNEW HIS BUSINESS he would still be making a living!!!!! When I went out and gave a prospective customer a bid for a project I KNEW what a 2X4 or sheet of plywood cost, what a cubic yard of concrete would set them back, what the lead time for upgrading from 100 to 200 amps would be. KNOW YOUR PRODUCTS is what a salesman's mantra should be.

/ Darn car salespeople..... #6  
he's looking at a woman here ... even if he spouted off the specs, would she care ?

she is going to be looking at cup holders , fabric, paint colors and how easy it will be to bring it back under the "EW", floor mats, how easy to park, easy on gas , lots of "mirrors", big glove compartment, air for those hot days, GPS to direct her, anything to connect her phone to , help being just a call away ...

not how many CC or CU IN under the hood, mags, sport suspensions , ratios, towing capacity ...

he's looking at a woman here ... even if he spouted off the specs, would she care ?

she is going to be looking at cup holders , fabric, paint colors and how easy it will be to bring it back under the "EW", floor mats, how easy to park, easy on gas , lots of "mirrors", big glove compartment, air for those hot days, GPS to direct her, anything to connect her phone to , help being just a call away ...

not how many CC or CU IN under the hood, mags, sport suspensions , ratios, towing capacity ...

Respectfully disagree there, because this one doesn't give a flying flip about cup holders....

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    999.1 KB · Views: 466
   / Darn car salespeople..... #8  
   / Darn car salespeople..... #9  
Last couple of vehicles I've bought, the sales person had never sold a car before. I had to help them!

/ Darn car salespeople..... #10  

OMG!

It's not that hard to get it close. What car guy doesn't know a chev 350 is a 5.7 liter. There is your conversion. Not perfect, at 61.4 CI per liter...

Good one though. Haha.