Is wireless dump trailer remote worthwhile?

/ Is wireless dump trailer remote worthwhile? #1  

Tompet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO 20, Kubota B3300, BH77, Massey Ferguson 1540
Anyone using a wireless remote on their dump trailer have any pro or con comments?

It seems most dumps come standard with about a 20' wired remote control that could be operated by standing off to side or maybe brought over the bed through a sliding rear window or back window to operate from the truck. A wireless would seem to be pretty handy, but some experienced users may have a different opinion (?). Or wether they are worth the cost or a wash compared to wired remote.

/ Is wireless dump trailer remote worthwhile? #2  
In my opinion its a waste of money. You still have to get put and open/close the doors. Only time I'd like it is f I was spreading gravel on a long drive. But I just dump the load and use the tractor.

/ Is wireless dump trailer remote worthwhile? #3  
I had a wireless winch on my trailer. Always gave me fits. I have since converted it to wired. I'm sure it uses the same electronic package. I would pass.

Chris

/ Is wireless dump trailer remote worthwhile? #4  
I had an old 25 foot extention cord with a bad plug that I used to rewire my manual switch. I could stand by the back of the trailer and watch the load or lay the wire on my truck bed and control the dump while moving ahead. I had added a second battery in my box but still had plenty of room to coil the extra wire up to tuck the switch into the closed box.