Finally replaced old truck

/ Finally replaced old truck #11  
Amazing deals, $10700 off MSRP.

I refuse to believe that is nothing more than "mark it up to mark it down" game. Its sad how that can make people believe they are getting a "deal"

I find it ironic that the major advertiseing point of the full size trucks back in the mid 90's was you could fit full size 4x8 sheets inside the bed of the truck vs those tinny beds on the "mini" trucks toyota and Nissan sold.

So I find it ironic that 20 years later a new full size ford has a "standard" bed smaller than my 94 toyota pickup. (at just over 6')

/ Finally replaced old truck #12  
I finally broke down and replaced my old 89 K2500 with a new Ford F-150 FX4 crew cab with ecoboost. It'll be my wifes daily driver. I've always been a GM person, but I must say that the Ford with ecoboost is hard to beat. I can't believe how loaded trucks are today, although I probably wont be happy when I need to replace 20" tires. The only bad thing is the bed is only 5 and a half feet, what were they thinking? You can get a 6 and a half foot model, but they're harder than hens teeth to find. I'll just pull a trailer if I need to haul anything larger. Amazing deals, $10700 off MSRP. Now back to figuring out all the gadgets!

Congrats! Trailers are handy, and only take a couple minutes to hook up, I have a 16 foot trailer I haul my jeep on, I don't even have a pickiup right now, I have a Yukon, but all I have to do is hook up that trailer and I have a 16 foot bed.

/ Finally replaced old truck #13  
I refuse to believe that is nothing more than "mark it up to mark it down" game. Its sad how that can make people believe they are getting a "deal"

If you go to the wrong dealer they will be happy to sell you a truck at MSRP so you have to look for the the "deal."

/ Finally replaced old truck #14  
I'm not trying to pick a fight here, and don't want to be grouped into the "hater" category, but I use all 8' of my bed.

Nothing cracks me up more than seeing a "load" of firewood in a 5.5' bed. Sure got a lot of HP under the hood to move 1/2 the wood.

Sure looks like you are looking to start something.

They make regular cabs, quad cabs, crew cabs, mega-cabs, long box, and short box combinations with varying payloads and towing abilities, each designed to address needs. You buy what addresses your needs. Just because you use all eight foot of your bed for firewood does not imply that I will or will need too. So nothing cracks me up more than reading about someone who attempts to enforce their needs on everyone else.

/ Finally replaced old truck #15  
Congratulations. I have a Ford EcoBoost with 37,300 miles and not a single hiccup. It's also a crew cab FX4 3.73 gears. I have averaged 18.7 miles per gallon.

Chris

Last edited:
   / Finally replaced old truck #16  
Congrats to the OP, but where are the pictures? ;)

I finally got a pickup because it was getting old dragging out my 16' trailer for everything. In that sense, even a short bed is some help. I really wanted an 8' bed, but settled on 6'6" so I could get crew cab and carry a baby seat in back (baby trumps cargo). I was lucky to find the 6'6" bed as most dealers carry only the short bed -- customers seem to prefer it if they park in a garage. Nowadays, most people buy trucks to use as cars it seems.

/ Finally replaced old truck #17  
Congrats on the new truck!!!! Hope to see it in about a month :) :) :)

Eddie

/ Finally replaced old truck
See if you still have the ecoboost 26 years from now.

I don't expect it to go 26 years. Even my 89 Chevy K2500 with a 350 blew a head gasket at 155K and then the rear end at 175K.

/ Finally replaced old truck
Trust me, it took a lot of convincing to get me to consider a half ton truck, let alone a 5.5' bed. For close to 20 years, I stretched the full bed and load rating of the '89 K2500. I don't have the same needs anymore and most of my big projects could be served better with a trailer.

The big marketing push with all the crew cabs is the cab space. The cab on the F150 is huge. When I sit in the back seat, I have over a foot between my knees and the front seat. They certainly could have squeezed the cab down and gave it some more bed space. I considered doing a special order for a FX4 with a 6.5' bed. But in the end, it's my wife's daily driver and it needs to work for her.

As others said, I might be surprised how little I miss the full 8' bed, especially if I have a trailer for special loads.

/ Finally replaced old truck #20  
Sure looks like you are looking to start something.

They make regular cabs, quad cabs, crew cabs, mega-cabs, long box, and short box combinations with varying payloads and towing abilities, each designed to address needs. You buy what addresses your needs. Just because you use all eight foot of your bed for firewood does not imply that I will or will need too. So nothing cracks me up more than reading about someone who attempts to enforce their needs on everyone else.

Start something?? Sure, a conversation. As I said, not looking for a fight. Even the OP said he wished it had a longer bed. I wish mine had an extra cab, but you gotta deal with what you got.

I never said anything like "5.5' is too short, it won't work" or anything of the sort.

But, since you felt like lambasting me for my comments, I'll point out that I am not trying to force my views on anyone else. Enforce is a different word that doesn't mean what you were trying to accuse me of.