where to find replacement seat foam

/ where to find replacement seat foam #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Where would someone look for replacement seat foam? The foam in the base of the drivers seat on my '01 Ram 2500 is worn out.

Could go to upholstery shop, but figure the foam piece must be available online...

/ where to find replacement seat foam #2  
Amazon: seat foam

/ where to find replacement seat foam #3  
Foam comes in so many sizes and densities (more dense is stiffer to sit on) that I would go to a fabric store and see what they have to offer. It is often purchased to redo chair cushions.

/ where to find replacement seat foam
I see replacement foam for newer trucks, but not mine :-( I was hoping to find the correct piece. There are youtubes and stuff showing how to make the repairs...

/ where to find replacement seat foam #6  
Have you considered checking a salvage yard for a good seat in a wrecked truck?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ where to find replacement seat foam #7  
Have you considered checking a salvage yard for a good seat in a wrecked truck?

Its been my experience in the past at if your seat is worn out after 13 years of use... so is everyone elses. Although several sites did mention takeing the foam from the pass side and useing it on the drivers so that may be an option for salvage.

/ where to find replacement seat foam #8  
Where would someone look for replacement seat foam? The foam in the base of the drivers seat on my '01 Ram 2500 is worn out.

Could go to upholstery shop, but figure the foam piece must be available online...

Moparpartz.com. way cheaper than most other dealers. I had to replace my seat foam twice in my '02 Ram. Just a pi$$poor design. Take the seat right out and it's not a bad job

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ where to find replacement seat foam #9  
I went to a foam warehouse. The old timer there looked at my seat foam and said it was really nice quality foam. He had nothing like it. I do need to order some new foam for my car as 400,000 miles of seat time has worn it out a bit. Probably could use some new foam for the truck too.

/ where to find replacement seat foam
Have done a ton of searching. Seems there are cushion/foam for 2002 and up no problem. 2001 and older, no luck.

Moparpartz.com. way cheaper than most other dealers. I had to replace my seat foam twice in my '02 Ram. Just a pi$$poor design. Take the seat right out and it's not a bad job