China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them.

/ China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them. #1  

CJONE

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK50 HST
Pretty much as the title says, I am done with China ST series tires. I know there is a few good ones out there, Greenball and Maxxis come to mine. But I can never find them and the LT tires I put on my dump trailer run cooler and don't squat as much as the junk ST tires. The LT are rated at less weight but far out perform the higher rated ST's. These were used tires off my 3/4 ton with way more miles than the junk trailer tires they replace. My 3 axle gooseneck came with LT tires and I never had a failure with 15,600 to 18,000lbs loaded on it. As I find tires that will fit my trailers they will be changed out. CJ

/ China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them. #2  
both sams and costco carry greenball.

/ China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them. #3  
I run 14 ply tires on my trailers that are heavy use! LUTT

/ China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them. #4  
I run 10 ply Greenballs on my 12K and 18K trailer in 225/75/15 with no issues.

On my 7K trailer I have Greenball 8 ply 205/75/15.

Chris

/ China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them. #5  
I'm with you I gave up on ST tires years ago I don't run anything but LT's. Plus the LT's are almost always speed rated for 84 MPH or better. ST's are almost always 65 MPH max. Running 65 on I-10 around here gets you almost run off the road

/ China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them. #6  
Michelin Ribs E load LT. Run 80 MPH + on a 100 degree day loaded to the limit and never have problem " Priceless "

/ China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them. #7  
If I run on the highway all the time, I wouldn't have any troubles. You guys run the gravel roads like I do, you would be running 14 ply trailer tires! LUTT

/ China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them.
I run 10 ply Greenballs on my 12K and 18K trailer in 225/75/15 with no issues.

On my 7K trailer I have Greenball 8 ply 205/75/15.

Chris

I looked for the Greenballs but nothing around here, Maxxis either. My new equipment trailer "may" not have the room for LT tires and I will order Greenballs for that because of the room. That trailer sees 70+ quite a lot. CJ

/ China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them. #9  
I looked for the Greenballs but nothing around here, Maxxis either. My new equipment trailer "may" not have the room for LT tires and I will order Greenballs for that because of the room. That trailer sees 70+ quite a lot. CJ

I run LT's on my dump trailer. I run 235 x 85 x 16. Still Chinese.. It's hard to find an American made tire anymore. Even the American tire companies have tire factories in china.

/ China ST Trailer tires, I am done with them. #10  
We run a lot of these this summer. Price and availability is the main reason. I get 4 10 ply 225/75/15 out the door mounted, balanced, new high pressure valve stems, and the best old tire moved to the spare for $380 tax included.

Chris

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140717_200616.png
    ForumRunner_20140717_200616.png
    375.1 KB · Views: 152
  • ForumRunner_20140717_200650.png
    ForumRunner_20140717_200650.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 185