Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks?

/ Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks? #21  
I just did yesterday. Went to our new home to meet and talk with the brick layer and there stood this beauty of an F250 Super Duty PowerStroke. Black crew cab, 4x4 with 20" wheels! I told him what a nice truck it was (even though it was muddy after just dropping a trailer off in the muddy mess) and that I liked him already since he was a fellow Ford owner. :laughing:

But yes, I do it quite regularly, and have had the same thing done to me. Probably my favorite was the comment about our travel trailer. It was 6 years old at the time and the neighbors in the campground asked us if that was our first time out in it. 'Nope, it's 6 years old, we just try to take good care of our things.'

When a contractor pulls up in a 50k diesel pickup with 20" wheels you might as well grab your ankles because you are going to be making his next truck payment(s) whether you like it or not if you work with him.

/ Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks? #22  
Folks talk about my truck all the time!

IMG_20140525_115345_zpsrmknpecw.jpg

/ Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks? #23  
My truck, a 2003 WT 2500HD gets banged up all of the time. Two deer have each left their mark, one in the door, and one on the bumper. A turkey took out a windshield. Snow plowing did the rear bumper in. I just wrap a strap around it, hook to a tree and pull it back into place. I can't see doing body work that does not need doing. If it is going to stop rust, sure. If it is a cosmetic reason- no. Wasteful and too material. When it comes to maintenance, I never miss it, all by the book. My truck runs great, though it may look crummy. I don't worry about resale because I run them until they don't go, then I sell it to a kid for cheap.
It is what a truck can do that is important to me.

/ Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks? #24  
I really respect the fact that people take pride in their vehicle, but I don't think it "makes" a person. There is no way to get to my house without going down at least 1-1/2 miles of gravel, I gave up on washing my vehicles because there is no point. I do wish however that I had put mud flaps on my truck before I moved out here because it is obvious that the majority of the rust came from rock chips. There was very little rust on my truck before I live here and it was 12 years old, not it is 18 years old and is pretty bad looking. I never do over 35 on the gravel but it apparently doesn't matter. Mechanically all of my vehicles are great, appearance.... not so much.

/ Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks? #25  
Sorry, I guess that was off-topic. I will compliment someone on occasion if there is a very exceptional older truck/car. If it is newer, then not usually because I assume they have a truck that is an overpriced grocery-getter. By older, I mean mid-nineties or older. That's when you see the difference between a grocery-getting, pampered truck and a well taken care of truck... IMHO.

I know a guy that bought an '05 ram about 6 years ago, and that thing truly is pampered. It gets a clay-bar treatment every few months, he doesn't like driving in the rain, and complains any time he has to come to my house (he has actually avoided coming to my house when they have been in the area) because of the gravel road. It is my MIL's husband. He really doesn't do anything with his truck, but I will say that truck still looks like it rolled off the show-room.

/ Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks? #26  
Not Off topic at all. I'm the same way, outside, eh, who cares. Under the hood is like new or better. Always better if I can. When folks see my junk running 75 with the tractor and implements going up MountEagle on 24..... You gets thumbs up from the guys that know.

/ Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks? #27  
I saw one of the new dark green metallic GM trucks in a store lot and had to go back and look at it. It was a sunny day and it really looked "sparkly". They were happy to hear from a green fan as not everyone is a fan of green. Green and gold is pretty popular around here though.

/ Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks? #28  
I gave up washing my two vehicles. I have a mile long gravel driveway and a freshly washed and polished vehicle will look like its been two weeks in Operation Desert Storm by the time you get all the way down the driveway to the county road. I do occasionally hose the vehicle off to remove large accumulations of mud and cow poooo. God brought the dust and dirt here - he takes it away when it rains.

/ Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks? #29  
I found it ironic that two days ago, I had just been to the car wash and was sitting out side the dentist's office to pick up my wife and another patient drove up in a Prius and took the time to comment how nice looking my red 2010 Silverado looked. I thanked him and thought about this thread.

/ Do you ever compliment another person about how their truck looks? #30  
I do it also.