Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures

/ Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
What companies are best known for quality? I bought a Kaufman and it's junk so moving on to a quality product but need advice.

Looking for a 14K 20' equipment hauler tag along.

Thank you

/ Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures #2  
I bought a 28' PJ 16k deckover gooseneck and it is powder painted and seems like a nice heavy trailer. I would definitely advise a friend to get one.

/ Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures #3  
I have a 20 ft 14k PJ equipment trailer, bumper pull. Well built, no issues. Would be interested in what you ran into with the Kaufman.

/ Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures #4  
What companies are best known for quality? I bought a Kaufman and it's junk so moving on to a quality product but need advice.

Looking for a 14K 20' equipment hauler tag along.

Thank you

I bought a 20' equipment trailer made by a local manufacturer and have been well satisfied with the build, but I wish I would have gotten a 20' deckover over flatbed, the raised fenders on the equipment hauler are forever in the way, Good luck.

/ Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures #5  
I like my PJ 20' tilt deck GNeck. Had some electrical issues , but easy fix. 2 years no issues and used 2 times a week

/ Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures #6  
I recently bought my first PJ and I like it. I have not had it long enough to brag much, but its heavy and doesn't flex like cheaper trailers.

After looking at trailers I believe you get what you pay for.

/ Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures #7  
In my area it's BigTex, Kearney, TopHat, and RJ.

/ Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures
I have a 20 ft 14k PJ equipment trailer, bumper pull. Well built, no issues. Would be interested in what you ran into with the Kaufman.

I bought the Kaufman because they were local and good price via no middle man added pricing. No problems other than one big issue. It pulls horrible. I took it back and they said take it next door to some guy that doesn't even work there. I go by and he says it's the adjustable hitch and I should weld it up so there's no movement. He does it and says $50 please. Not to mention I had to pay more but it didn't even work. I called Kaufman and they didn't even offer to pay the charges and didn't offer any further help. I've since replaced all 4 tires due to cheap tire issues and have taken it to a 2nd trailer repair shop. I would never buy another product from them.

On top of this my friend bought a 18' 14k tag along equipment trailer and the ramps are so short it's dangerous to unload equipment. He hasn't taken it back yet due to his schedule but I can't believe it was even built that way. Currently he puts jacks under the ramp just to keep it level. Unbelievable.

/ Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures #9  
Cam superline seems like a decent trailer with some very old examples around these parts, but they are pricey compared to some

/ Top 4 or 5 trailer manufactures #10  
I was interested in the Kaufman trailer problem because I considered a Kaufman when I bought the PJ (in Virginia). Kaufman (NC) is within driving distance of where I was, and I could have saved some money. Then I checked the Better Business Bureau ratings. This doesn't tell you everything by any means. But, PJ is rated "A+" and Kaufman is rated "F". So I went with PJ. I was also interested in the Cam Superline trailer, which has great specs and a real good reputation, but couldn't find one anywhere reasonably close.