Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply)

/ Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply) #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Time to replace my tires(P275-65R18) on my 2006 Ford f150 Super crew cab 4X4.I haul heavy sometimes with my 20 ft PJ trailer,7,000 lbs axles(Kioti DK40se tractor,and wood pellets) that I heat with.I am looking at replacing my current 8 ply BF Goodrich tires with the 10ply Michelin LTX AT2 tires.Anyone have any feedback on this Michelin tire?Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply) #2  
I run Michelins on almost everything. Ltx is a great tire and you will not go wrong with your choice. Only thing close I have found is Cooper and usually only 10 to 20 % cheaper than Michelins. I will put Coopers on a vehicle that is high millage or I may not keep.

/ Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply) #3  
Great choice for tires. I switched from BFG A/Ts to those and am very pleased at this point. I have approximately 15,000 miles on them now. They are quiet, ride well, wear well, and handle better off road than I expected.

/ Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply) #4  
I've been running the MS2's on my F250 for a few years now. Absolutely no complaints and still smooth as silk. And quiet too.

But....the MS2's are not very aggressive. They do well in the snow but not so good in gooey mud. Maybe the AT2's are better for that.

I am a big fan of watching my new tires get balanced. If you get a tire that requires a lot of weight ask for another. Especially if you watch it spin on the balancer and it's not exactly true. If you're not standing there watching they sure won't mention it to you.

/ Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply) #5  
I run Michelin LTX's (LT225/75R16) on my Dodge Sprinter which runs over the road hauling expedited freight. It originally came with LTX A/S's, those were replaced with LTX M/S's, and those were replaced with LTX A/T2's ...

I just put a pair of LTX M/S2's on the rear 20K or 30K ago, and the ones for the front - which have sitting over in the barn - are due to be put before I go back out on the road.

I generally get somewhere between 130K and 175K miles out of an LTX tire. The truck currently has 430K+ miles on it.

The AT2 are a softer rubber compound than the MS2's which have a better tread wear rating ... if that makes a difference to you.

Possibly the best tire out there, IMO.

Last edited:
   / Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply) #6  
Time to replace my tires(P275-65R18) on my 2006 Ford f150 Super crew cab 4X4.I haul heavy sometimes with my 20 ft PJ trailer,7,000 lbs axles(Kioti DK40se tractor,and wood pellets) that I heat with.I am looking at replacing my current 8 ply BF Goodrich tires with the 10ply Michelin LTX AT2 tires.Anyone have any feedback on this Michelin tire?Thanks.

No comment on the Michelins, I won't buy them after a rash of issues on a Volvo.

On all my trucks I run 10 ply Goodyear Dura Tracs. By far the best tire for me. I have them on my 06 F350, my 08 Nissan Titan, and my 2012 F150 Eco Boost.

All trucks are worked daily and these tires are awesome.

Chris

/ Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply) #7  
BF Goodrich ATs for me. The rubber compounds that give Michelin's their mileage ratings make for poor snow tires. When I bought my last set of 235/85/16s they wanted 1200 for Michelins. Paid $750 cash for BFGs.

/ Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply) #8  
BF Goodrich ATs for me. The rubber compounds that give Michelin's their mileage ratings make for poor snow tires. When I bought my last set of 235/85/16s they wanted 1200 for Michelins. Paid $750 cash for BFGs.
I did not find that to be true when I delivered a load to Avon, CO in February several years ago ... or any other time for that matter.

It was pretty messy coming out of the Eisenhower Tunnel on the way there, and I got there and dropped my load around 5 PM and decided to immediately turn around and head back to Denver where it was sunny. By the time I got to the hill going up to Vail Pass trucks were on the side of the road chaining up and the flat-landers who had come up to ski for the day in their front-wheel drive econo boxes with "all-season radials" (probably near bald) were slippin' and sliding all over the place.

I pulled over for a little bit to avoid the idiots ... and then once it had cleared a little put it in gear and pulled out and headed up the hill ... all without spinning the wheels/tires ...

And I was unloaded even ... :D

BTW - I usually buy from DiscountTire.com or Tire Rack ... preferably when Michelin has a rebate going.

The invoice amount this last time (March 2013) for a set of 4 was $868.95 ... that was after an instant $50 "web incentive" for ordering online and included free shipping ... but didn't include the $70 Michelin rebate or the $50 Car Care One rebate.

It also didn't include the "6 months same as cash" terms for using the Car Care One card.

/ Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply)
The Michelins I am looking at are $1,094 plus there is a $75 rebate back from Michelins=$1,019 pretty close for what the BF goodrich are price wise.

/ Lets talk truck tires,Michelin LTX AT2 (10ply) #10  
This is what it looked like going down the hill on I-70 after coming out of the Eisenhower Tunnel on the way in:

IMG_0349.jpg