two_bit_score

Super Star Member
Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB, Diamond C 19LPX GN trailer
   / Ford proved aluminum will melt! #3  
Interesting pics.

/ Ford proved aluminum will melt! #4  
Best looking Ford I've seen! I know that has been a problem on Americas older military APC's. The armor was aluminum and would burn sometimes when hit. The truth is any vehicle that catches fire is probably going to be totaled out by the time the fire department get there.

/ Ford proved aluminum will melt! #5  
Get the extended warranty.

/ Ford proved aluminum will melt! #6  
Seems like it might be more susceptible to hail damage as well. There was also a recent article that suggested the insurance costs would be higher with these vehicles because of the additional cost of repairing aluminum.

/ Ford proved aluminum will melt! #7  
whats interesting is they were towing water.... were they expecting a fire ?!

/ Ford proved aluminum will melt! #8  
Interesting slide show, not much there to recycle

/ Ford proved aluminum will melt! #9  
I went to school with someone that ended up being an engineer for Goodyear. This would have been in the late 80' he was testing a Corvette with an active suspension with Jackie Stewart, who was race car driver and announcer for racing. Jackie Stewart was driving and my friend was running the instruments in the car. It caught fire but had a fire bottle under the hood, which didn't help. The Corvette didn't burn to the ground but pretty much ruined everything on it. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ford in the video didn't have a fire bottle on board but if it did it sure didn't stop the inferno.