New Colorado and Canyon's being shipped daily.

/ New Colorado and Canyon's being shipped daily. #1  

Topkicker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
Keep an eye out at your local dealer. We have been working very hard to fill pre- orders. The numbers came in much higher than expected. A 3rd shift will be added after the first of the year and the plant will be working around the clock to meet customer demand. This means around 750 new permanent jobs. And now the pics... image-3125683994.jpg image-275455088.jpg

/ New Colorado and Canyon's being shipped daily. #2  
Glad to see this.

/ New Colorado and Canyon's being shipped daily.
I urge anyone that's looking at the competition (Tacoma and Frontier) to test drive one of these. It's nimble, quiet and comfortable. With a towing capacity around 7,000 lbs, it fits the bill for most weekend warrior's w ATV's and small travel trailers. The new My Link has 4G LTE capability so your connected when off-road, camping and/or deer hunting. I find it just as modern and quiet as the new GM half tons ( worked on that launch in Ft. Wayne ). The ride is a tad stiffer IMO on the new Colorado/Canyon than the 1/2 ton Silverado/Sierra but not harsh by any means. The handling is nothing short of amazing. It's very easy to steer at low speeds and tight turns just like its 1/2 ton bigger brother. I see this truck fitting the bill for the average home owner especially in more urban areas. You will not feel like you're "stepping down" just because you bought a smaller truck. These trucks offer the latest technology and looks just as luxury on the inside as any 1/2 ton, just in a smaller package.

/ New Colorado and Canyon's being shipped daily. #4  
Any significant gas milage gain over the half ton V8?

18 city 26 hwy MPG w the 305 HP 3.6L V-6. 4x4 models are 17-24 MPG. The GM 1/2 tons w the 5.3L (most popular V-8 option) is 16-23 and 16-22 on 4x4's. The MPG's are close to the 1/2 tons but better than a Tacoma (17-21 MPG) and the Frontier (16-22 MPG) The 4 cyl diesel will be offered next year. No MPG specs on it yet.

3mpg better combined mpg comparing the 5.3 and the 3.6.

Correct. Should have posted combined MPG's. That's more real world. There is a hefty price difference between the same equipment package on a GM 1/2 ton vs a Colorado/Canyon also. Pricing was key on these trucks to be a success. They are right in line w the competition.

/ New Colorado and Canyon's being shipped daily. #10