Isuzu NPR HD instrument panel help.

/ Isuzu NPR HD instrument panel help. #1  

Complete Turf Care

Veteran Member
Tractor
2022 Kubota Grand L6060 (no loader), 2017 Kubota Grand L6060, 2011 Kubota L5740 HSTC-3, 1997 Kubota M4700
Yesterday, I purchased a 2008 Isuzu NPR HD diesel. There is no owner's manual with the truck and I haven't been able to find anything online.

There are some buttons on the instrument panel that I don't know what they are for. There are 5 buttons on the left side of the steering wheel and I think 2 of them have something to do with a PTO.

On the right is one button that I think has something to do with the exhaust brake, however the lever on the steering column seems to turn the exhaust brake on and off. At least, the lever turns an indicator light on and off.

Can anyone identify these buttons? Thanks!!!

IMG_0343[1].jpgIMG_0345[1].jpgIMG_0344[1].jpg

/ Isuzu NPR HD instrument panel help. #2  
The one on the right has to do with the DPF/SCR in the exhaust, possibly for a stationary regen.

Top left is either for work lights on the back or interior light if it has a van body.

The two below that do appear to be for a PTO (may do nothing if the ECM isn't programmed for it) The lower one for on/off and the upper one for setting the rpm.

The bottom two are for the Odometer and Coolant Temp . . . maybe when you press and hold, it will bring it up on a digital display on the gauge panel?

/ Isuzu NPR HD instrument panel help. #3  
My apologies . . . I said Coolant Temp, but it is for the Engine Oil. Level, pressure, temp, or oil life monitor perhaps?

/ Isuzu NPR HD instrument panel help.
My apologies . . . I said Coolant Temp, but it is for the Engine Oil. Level, pressure, temp, or oil life monitor perhaps?

After reading your first post, I started the truck, then pressed and held the Engine oil button, and a light with the same icon came on in the instrument panel, then after holding the button for a while, the light went off, and now it doesn't come back on at all. I assume it's an oil life monitor, and I reset it.

And, when I turn on the PTO, the engine rpm changes, and I can speed it up with the upper button. I assume this truck may have a PTO, but I haven't looked for it, and there is no need for it, because it does have a box on it.

The top left makes sense for work lights, but there aren't any in the box.

I'm not sure what the function of the ODO button is. I couldn't see where it changed anything.

I found a video that shows that the one on the right is for a manual regeneration.

And the video says that the engine oil button is to check the oil level.

/ Isuzu NPR HD instrument panel help. #6  
Most likely it doesn't have a PTO then, but the feature is still there. The RPM adjustment may work with the cruise as well . . . maybe.

There may be a connector in the wiring harness along the frame tied to the light switch.

The dealer where I purchased the truck is looking for an owner's manual for me. They are having trouble finding one too. Seems that an owner's manual would be a common item.

Thanks for your help BrinkME.

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

Have you tried registering on the Isuzu N-series owner site? Isuzu Commercial Vehicles - Low Cab Forward Trucks - Commercial Trucks - Owner's Gallery and Owner's Club
Once you register, they may offer manual downloads.

I signed up to the owner's club, and sure enough, there was the owner's manual. Thanks again!!!

I'm still going to try to get a hard copy to keep in the truck. It's about 200 pages, and I don't want to print that much.