Trailer for two UTV's and two ATV's

/ Trailer for two UTV's and two ATV's #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
I am needing to transport two UTV's (kubota 900's) and two atv's with one truck/trailer. This is not a one time trip it is something that will be hauled 1000 miles a month on average. I figure the weight of the vehicles to be 5,500lb.

I am open to a gooseneck with all of them on the trailer or possibly a bumper pull with one of the ATV's in the bed of the truck.

I figure bumper pull I need a 24' minimum or 28' on a gooseneck.

I want a quality trailer but I don't want it to weigh a ton. Locally I only found 20' bumper pull and the goosenecks jumped from 24' to 32'. The 32' would work but the trailer itself weighs close to 8k. I don't want to be dragging around 14k just to move 5500lb of UTV's / ATV's.

Any ideas on a good solution ?

/ Trailer for two UTV's and two ATV's #2  
I am needing to transport two UTV's (kubota 900's) and two atv's with one truck/trailer. This is not a one time trip it is something that will be hauled 1000 miles a month on average. I figure the weight of the vehicles to be 5,500lb.

I am open to a gooseneck with all of them on the trailer or possibly a bumper pull with one of the ATV's in the bed of the truck.

I figure bumper pull I need a 24' minimum or 28' on a gooseneck.

I want a quality trailer but I don't want it to weigh a ton. Locally I only found 20' bumper pull and the goosenecks jumped from 24' to 32'. The 32' would work but the trailer itself weighs close to 8k. I don't want to be dragging around 14k just to move 5500lb of UTV's / ATV's.

Any ideas on a good solution ?

Why not a BP loaded sideways? I am guessing since you are moving UTVs and ATVs you are going to do outdoor stuff and the loss of bed space doing such trips is the very reason I sold my GN trailer.

Chris

/ Trailer for two UTV's and two ATV's
Why not a BP loaded sideways? I am guessing since you are moving UTVs and ATVs you are going to do outdoor stuff and the loss of bed space doing such trips is the very reason I sold my GN trailer.

Chris

UTV's are 10' long. Can not load them sideways.

Loss of bed space not really an issue. This is for work and will be part of a convoy and there are other vehicles, enclosed trailers, etc for other things. I just need this truck and trailer to be able to haul the two UTV's and two ATV's.

I am not opposed to a bumper pull but 24' sure seems like a big trailer for BP and it is going to be towed a lot so I was thinking a gooseneck would have better highway manners. Also with a 24' BP one ATV would be in the bed so the bed would be completely gone. I would have to go to a 28' BP to free the bed.

/ Trailer for two UTV's and two ATV's #4  
How wide are the UTV's? I know my ATV is 48" wide, figure a UTV is a little wider.
A deck over BP is 108" wide. If the UTV's are 60" wide or less you could put an ATV and a UTV side by side on deck over and the second UTV / ATV behind them all on a 22' trailer.

The UTV's are 64" wide. So a 48" wide ATV and a UTV, even if touching sided by side would be too wide.

I am pretty sure the max legal width is 102" not 108" but even if it was 108" I would be at 112".

The way I figure I can load it is the UTVs straight on which eats up 20' then the two ATV's side by side which would be 8' wide and around 6' long.

This would leave me 2' to space between the 2 UTV's and ATV's.

/ Trailer for two UTV's and two ATV's #6  
I have a 24 BP tilt load. It looked long when I bought it and wondered if I was making bad decision. After owning for 2 years I wish it was 26. I don't think you would regret BP and being able to use your bed. I pull with 3500.

/ Trailer for two UTV's and two ATV's #8  
how about a sled deck (that's what i've heard them called) and load both ATVs on the truck? then the two UTVs on a trailer or a GN with a deck above the GN and load the two ATVs on that?

/ Trailer for two UTV's and two ATV's #9  
You're right..I put 2 "2up" atv's on my 16' trailer and they barely fit front to back, they eat up a lot of real estate and UTV's are much worse, my RTV1100 would never fit sideways it's 11' net...

Any way-- a 24' bumper pull isn't that big of a deal, my TT is 36' overall and 9K and it's no great shakes with a 1/2 ton truck.

how about a sled deck (that's what i've heard them called) and load both ATVs on the truck? then the two UTVs on a trailer or a GN with a deck above the GN and load the two ATVs on that?

That might work but it seems like it might be tricky to load and unload. Sometimes we load and unload the machines four or five times a week.

I think I am just going to have to bite the bullet and get a long heavy trailer. I just was trying to make things easier going down the highway, pulling into gas stations, etc.