Consumer Reports drops 7 vehicles

/ Consumer Reports drops 7 vehicles #2  
I don't need to say it, but I notice one name not on that list...:)

/ Consumer Reports drops 7 vehicles #3  
Must not of picked up the Tab for lunch..?

/ Consumer Reports drops 7 vehicles #4  
I have found them to be pretty much right with reliability on vehicles. Ex- i had a ford ranger which they said had engine mechanical probs. guess what? They were right, head gaskets went it was junk. They have rated both my wifes highlander and my toyota tacoma well above average and i havent had any issues at all fwiw.

/ Consumer Reports drops 7 vehicles #5  

I really dislike articles like that, a sort of drive by shooting. No facts or basis for the statements, nothing to judge whether it's an issue for you, etc. For example, the Ram 1500 V8 4WD is listed. Does that mean that there are issues around the 4WD pieces (transfer case, axle) or what?

I have read plenty of ratings in the past, and there is typically some common complaints like transmission, steering system, braking system problems, etc. With at least some general statement about the reason for placing a model on the list, I have something to go on. Otherwise, I have no idea what the problem is, and without facts I don't give it much credibility.

/ Consumer Reports drops 7 vehicles #6  
so I guess that means that these join the Ford Eco boost F-150 as No Longer Recommended :eek: That is- unless they have reinstated it...

/ Consumer Reports drops 7 vehicles #7  
RAMS problems are almost entirely to do with the entertainment / information system and paint flaws.

They seem to have overlooked the class action suit over the ecoboost failures. Who knows why...

/ Consumer Reports drops 7 vehicles #8  
I really dislike articles like that, a sort of drive by shooting. No facts or basis for the statements...
Well, kinda - but this is just an infomercial to get you to pay for full access to their complete reviews if you are considering any of these vehicles. It isn't a piece intended to inform, but rather to entice.

And I believe they still recommend the RAM in 2WD, just not 4WD, so I would have to assume it is the 4WD pushing it over the edge (along with other issues as noted by tcartwri).

/ Consumer Reports drops 7 vehicles #9  
Personally, I've never really trusted CR. I talk to people I know if I want owners experiences.

/ Consumer Reports drops 7 vehicles #10  
While I believe they have some good info I have found the vehicles I owned or had for work that were rated "unreliable" were flawless for me, my Tundra was rated good and I had some issues... Go figure. Not sure but I guess I just chalk it up to bad luck...