Drove the new Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost

/ Drove the new Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost #1  

Diamondpilot

Super Star Member
Tractor
Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work
Last weekend I was invited by my dealer to drive a pre production F150 2.7 FX4 Ecoboost. All I can say is wow! Has the power of the 5.0 V8 and is silky smooth. I was also impressed with the nearly 2800# of payload avaliable. The new dash and interior was well designed, almost airplane like. The aluminium body panels fit well and I honestly could not tell the difference by feel from the steel ones on my 2012.

MPG ratings will be interesting. The tester was showing mid 17's but was being driven hard by dozens of people all day long.

Chris

Last edited:
   / Drove the new Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost #2  
Last weekend I was invited by my dealer to drive a pre production F150 2.7 FX4 Ecoboost. All I can say is wow! Has the power of the 5.0 V8 and is silky smooth. I was also impressed with the nearly 2800# of payload avaliable. The new dash and interior was well designed, almost airplane like. The aluminium body panels fit well and I honestly could tell the difference by feel from the steel ones on my 2012.

MPG ratings will be interesting. The tester was showing mid 17's but was being driven hard by dozens of people all day long.

Chris

What!! No pics??????

/ Drove the new Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost #3  
How does it drive compared to the 3.5L Ecoboost?

/ Drove the new Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost #4  
How did the truck ride with the all-new frame?

/ Drove the new Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost #5  
Why would your dealer have a pre-production truck? And why would he call you to come drive it? Your current truck was not even purchased new!

No offense, but I am smelling something here.

/ Drove the new Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost #6  
Why would your dealer have a pre-production truck? And why would he call you to come drive it? Your current truck was not even purchased new! No offense, but I am smelling something here.

Ford recently held a "test drive event" for the all new f-150 and the opportunity to test drive the new 2.7. I'm pretty sure the 2.7 was the only one there to drive, I could be wrong though. I do know I've seen the advertisements for it lately and it was done in select cities. I think the closest one near me was about 3 hors away so he got lucky he was able to go and drive it.

/ Drove the new Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost
How does it drive compared to the 3.5L Ecoboost?

It's more comparable to the 5.0 V8. It doesn't have the Low End Grunt of the 3.5.

Chris

/ Drove the new Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Why would your dealer have a pre-production truck? And why would he call you to come drive it? Your current truck was not even purchased new!

No offense, but I am smelling something here.

They called my father actually. He purchased the truck new and bought a 2014 one in June. He explained I now had his 2012 and they invited 4 of us to come. My father, myself, my uncle, and a family friend all went.

They were traveling the country with sales reps hitting big dealers. They had 3 trucks there, a 5.0 Limited, a 2.7 Ecoboost FX4, and a 3.5 Ecoboost 4x4. We all drove the 2.7 since we had all owned a 3.5 Ecoboost except the family friend. He drives a Honda Accord currently. I don't believe he's ever had a truck but did have a Explorer or two.

Chris