Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #2  
Anyone see the episode of Market Place where they tested vehicles against their advertised fuel economy numbers?

Ford F-150 Eco-Boost....Ford says 32 mpg.....test results....19 mpg.

Ford's response.....we test in a lab, so there could be other factors that effect economy.

LOL.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #3  
Shoot, I was expecting a bigger improvement than that. In most cases, city is up by 1mpg and highway is up by 2mpg compared to the 2014 models.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #4  
I was hoping for a little better. My 2012 Ecoboost gets mid 18's. My uncles 2013 with 3.55 gears got a round trip average of 22 from Cincinnati to St Louis and back.

Chris

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150
Now I see why they waited so long to release the numbers. Still sounds like it's going to sell like crazy, just not the fuel economy numbers most were expecting. The 3.5 Ecoboost seems to be a better deal then the 2.7 does now.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #6  
I agree on the 3.5 choice over the 2.7 - not enough mileage difference.

DP must be disappointed after this prediction..

These trucks were driven like they were stolen and idled all day long by probably 100 different drivers a day. My 3.5 Ecoboost gets 18.3 mpg since new, 46,000 miles now. It will do low 20's on the highway.

My guess is this 2.7 will be 25 around town and 28 highway.

Chris

2.7 liter missed the city prediction by 7-8 mpg,

Just a guess but there must be some that were waiting for the numbers to come out- before buying the F-150 , that were also interested in the Ram eco diesel, guessing there will be some more eco diesel owners soon

unless towing heavy - in that case Ford will win that battle for the 1/2 ton segment.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #7  
I agree on the 3.5 choice over the 2.7 - not enough mileage difference.

DP must be disappointed after this prediction..

These trucks were driven like they were stolen and idled all day long by probably 100 different drivers a day. My 3.5 Ecoboost gets 18.3 mpg since new, 46,000 miles now. It will do low 20's on the highway.

My guess is this 2.7 will be 25 around town and 28 highway.

Chris

2.7 liter missed the city prediction by 7-8 mpg,

Just a guess but there must be some that were waiting for the numbers to come out- before buying the F-150 , that were also interested in the Ram eco diesel, guessing there will be some more eco diesel owners soon

unless towing heavy - in that case Ford will win that battle for the 1/2 ton segment.

I would still be leary of any new diesel. Fuel cost more and if there is a issue out of warranty the cost are crazy.

Chris

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #8  
Doesn't seem to be any advantage to getting the smaller ecoboost. Not sure what to think about that.

I will probably get a 2015 F150 later next year and haven't decided between the 3.5 eco or the 5.0. Still sitting on the fence.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #9  
Doesn't seem to be any advantage to getting the smaller ecoboost. Not sure what to think about that.

I will probably get a 2015 F150 later next year and haven't decided between the 3.5 eco or the 5.0. Still sitting on the fence.

My dealer told me if trading every couple years Eco-Boost, but if you are going to keep it 5.0 all the way.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #10  
Almost a 10% increase in mpg with the 3.5 ecoboost plus added payload and towing. Definitely would choose another 3.5 ecoboost with these numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.