pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed.

/ pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed. #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
With an 8' bed can you put the crossover box with the topside boxes and still pull a gooseneck equipment trailer? The crossover is 30" and the topsides are 48", so realistically they would take up about 6' 8".That will leave about 16" to tailgate. They are about 7" tall on top of bed. Tired of pulling a 14k pumper pull, but need a lot of tool storage. Any experience with this or suggestions will be appreciated.

/ pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed. #2  
Are you asking if you can have tool. Boxes on your truck? The one right behind the cab plus the 2 side boxes. If so I say no. When you turn or if your right trailer wheels drop off the road it will hit the boxes. I can send you a pic of what it does to the bed.

/ pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed.
Yea, thats exactly what I am talking about. Maybe just the one behind the cab?

/ pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed. #4  
I had bobcat welder and a toolbox in mine. The first time I pulled my horse trailer it hit the box and dented the bed.

/ pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed. #5  
I had a 30' GN trailer for years but over time I realized a 20' trailer and my bed back gave me more usable room. Right now I have a 18', a 32', and a 36' bumper pull and will never lose my bed space again.

Chris

/ pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed. #6  
get the extend neck. not all manufacturers offer it but some do. load trail does an extra 6" or 12" GN height

/ pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed. #7  
What type of BP are you dragging around? When you start talking 14k+ trailers, a gooseneck is almost mandatory for getting proper weight transfer without pushing the tail of the truck around. There are some people who pull speciality trailers on here who swear otherwise. I personally would never go back to a bumper pull for my big trailer unless it was behind a tandem dump truck.

/ pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed. #8  
Here's what my truck looks like. That's the trailer in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Attachments

• image-4190438825.jpg
    image-4190438825.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 317
   / pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed. #9  
Walkin- How much clearance did you have between the trailer and the bed rails? I have been in some creative situations with horse trailers and even more precocious situations with a flatbed hauling hay and I have never touched the bed rails. Once, I have however failed to get my tailgate properly latched and it dropped in a turn and got wedged between the jack on the trailer and the bed corner! :eek: With an equipment trailer, I have alot more confidence since there isn't as much trailer hanging out overtop of the truck. With a flatbed that long enough now, I don't even think twice about the trailer being behind me.

/ pulling gooseneck equipment trailer with tool boxes on bed. #10  
I saw a goose neck behind a truck with a utility bed like a Knapeide the other day. How do they do that and how come it's not more common. I just went to the Knapeide website and probably see the model I saw. The Westerner Storage Body. It just looked taller on the highway going the other direction.