Tire pressure wanring light?

/ Tire pressure wanring light? #1  

smstonypoint

Tractor
NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR
The tire pressure warning light on my 2005 Tundra started blinking when I started the truck this morning. I checked my tire pressures (with two different gauges while the tires were still cold) and all were are within an eyelash or so of 30 psi.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Steve

/ Tire pressure wanring light? #2  
I don't know what the tundra specs are but mine all come on if the pressure is less than 31

/ Tire pressure wanring light? #4  
Truck is too old to have the battery powered active pressure monitoring (TPMS). The batteries are only good for 5 - 6 years when they started using them in 2009 or so. That means it's based on ABS rotor rev counting. If the pressures are within the Tundra tolerance band, then you have a sensor gone bad. See if your ABS is working by running a VERY had stop on some gravel. If the ABS light comes on, sensor failure is likely. Shouldn't be cold temps because all four tires would be down about the same, indicating no problems (its looking for 1 tire out of wack with the other 3).

Push the reset button and cross your fingers. 'Sensor failure' is usually water penetration into the connector.

/ Tire pressure wanring light? #5  
Truck is too old to have the battery powered active pressure monitoring (TPMS). The batteries are only good for 5 - 6 years when they started using them in 2009 or so. That means it's based on ABS rotor rev counting. If the pressures are within the Tundra tolerance band, then you have a sensor gone bad. See if your ABS is working by running a VERY had stop on some gravel. If the ABS light comes on, sensor failure is likely. Shouldn't be cold temps because all four tires would be down about the same, indicating no problems (its looking for 1 tire out of wack with the other 3).

Push the reset button and cross your fingers. 'Sensor failure' is usually water penetration into the connector.

I'm not so sure about that. My 07 had batteries in the TPMS. I had to replace them in 2013.

Chris

/ Tire pressure wanring light? #6  
Steve--same with my 2005 Tundra. It was the spare tire. Check that.

/ Tire pressure wanring light? #8  
Another vote for the spare. I am ashamed how long it took me to realize that the spare on my moms 07 4Runner was the reason she was having intermittent warnings from her TPMS light. I kept going over there and checking her tires and had about decided one of the sensors had gone bad. I rotated her spare onto the truck when I did a tire rotation for her and realized it was a few PSI low. Light went off when I aired it up. Go figure! Good luck.

/ Tire pressure wanring light? #9  
I fill the spare on my Jeep once a year to about 44 pounds and it will keep the light off until the next fall when it chills again. Most pencil type gauges are not very accurate for TPMS I use either dial or electronic.

David Kb7uns

/ Tire pressure wanring light? #10  
While we're at it, get a decent tire gauge. Almost all of them are crap so spend a couple dollars more and buy something that works. I have a Moroso racing gauge and it works perfect. Forty something dollars and it's spot on for accuracy. Free shipping.

Access Denied

Over the years I have spent far more in total on an assortment of junk gauges that always failed when I needed them or gave false readings from the start. I use this one gauge on all my tires. It's all good.