I need help deciding on new trailer

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #1  

tman1020

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn
image-2377944857.jpg

I need a new trailer to haul my bobcat CT 225 with attachments. I'm thinking 10,000 pounds minimum capacity and minimum 18 foot long possibly 20. I would really like to keep the side rails that I'm used to from my utility trailer. And I have never had a beavertail trailer before and I'm not sure I want one now. I'm curious what other people use or recommend and what they like. I will be upgrading from a 16 foot 7000 pound capacity utility trailer show in the picture. Any input would be appreciated thanks

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #2  
I had to do the same thing a few months ago. I had a 20' H&H 7K tilt bed trailer. That was fine for my previous tractor and implements. Total weight of them was under the 4600 lb. capacity.
Then I sold that tractor and implements (too small for new tractor) and bought a new tractor. The new tractor w/ loader has loaded tires, weighs in about 5000 lb. or so not counting implements. Adding an implement or two pushes the weight well over 6K so too much for the 7K trailer.
Sold the 7K and bought a 24' (22' plus knife edge) 14,000 lb PJ tilt bed. Load capacity is about 10,400 lb.
From the looks of your pic you need at least a 20'er 10-12K rated so the loader bucket and implement on back would both be on the deck. A longer deck gives you room to shift the load fore and aft if needed. There are lots of good trailer brands that have the side rails you want. My preference is a tilt bed. No ramps to mess with but they are more expensive than one with ramps. Fist two pics are the H&H 7K, other 3 are the PJ 14K.

Attachments

• DSCN1341 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1341 (Medium).JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCN1340 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1340 (Medium).JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCN1339 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1339 (Medium).JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCN1149 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1149 (Medium).JPG
    365.2 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCN1146 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1146 (Medium).JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 241
   / I need help deciding on new trailer
How does that tilt work? Do you have to pump it by hand or is there a battery or what. And what kind of money are you talking

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #4  
I got a new Pequea 12,000lb GVW deck over in 2004. My brother and I had to change 75% of the cross rails last summer. They rotted away. I would get a trailer with heavy duty rails, if I did it again.

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #5  
How does that tilt work? Do you have to pump it by hand or is there a battery or what. And what kind of money are you talking

The tilt operates by an 12V electric over hydraulic pump. Double cylinders. Power up and power down. I'll send you a PM.

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #6  
View attachment 400940

I need a new trailer to haul my bobcat CT 225 with attachments. I'm thinking 10,000 pounds minimum capacity and minimum 18 foot long possibly 20. I would really like to keep the side rails that I'm used to from my utility trailer. And I have never had a beavertail trailer before and I'm not sure I want one now. I'm curious what other people use or recommend and what they like. I will be upgrading from a 16 foot 7000 pound capacity utility trailer show in the picture. Any input would be appreciated thanks
IMHO go with the 20 ft. I bought a 16ft and then a 18ft trailer.I finally settled on a 20 ft. PJ trailer with 14,000 lbs.

/ I need help deciding on new trailer
How does that 20 foot handle the tractor loader and Bush hog. Does it all fit on?

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #8  
How does that 20 foot handle the tractor loader and Bush hog. Does it all fit on?

My previous tractor (Mahindra 2615HST w/ loader) and a 5' 3 pt rotary cutter would fit on my 20' trailer. Only the tail wheel of the cutter would be off the trailer. I think the 2615 is about the same size as your ct225. If I moved the tractor forward so the loader bucket is on the tongue or curl the bucket full dump mode everything would fit on the trailer.

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #9  
What about "drive over trailer fenders"??

/ I need help deciding on new trailer #10  
I have exactly what you said, a 18' flat deck with side rails. I dislike Beaver Tail for 95% of what I do. Most versatile trailer I have had. Sold a 30' GN for this one.

If I had to make one change I would get a 20'.

Chris