New tractor hauler

/ New tractor hauler #1  

toddbailey

Silver Member
Tractor
nh 3930, ford 1910, farmall super a, allis chamlers b
2014 Silverado 2500 LT Duramax with factory trailer brake controller. It's my first diesel was looking at the 6.0 gas but they had this one used as a demo and the price was right.

/ New tractor hauler
2014 Silverado 2500 LT Duramax with factory trailer brake controller. It's my first diesel was looking at the 6.0 gas but they had this one used as a demo and the price was right.

image-3501920470.jpg

/ New tractor hauler #3  
Congratulations. GM has really improved the product. I had a 05 and my neighbor had a 07 that were nothing but trouble.

At work we probably have 50 Dmax trucks. Just got rid of all the 08's. They were good. We now have 2011's and 2014's. We are on a 3 year 120,000 mile cycle. The 2011's have not been as good as the 08's and so far the 14's have been pretty good other than some oil pan issues and brake controller glitches.

All together we have 250 trucks and 289 total vehicles.

Chris

Last edited:
   / New tractor hauler
So far I am pleased fit finish inside and out is excellent, plenty of smooth power, and it's quiet inside the cab little too no road noise.

/ New tractor hauler #5  

Good friend of mine bought a Duramax in their second year of production. Drove it 5 or 6 years and traded it for a new 6.0 gas. Is now impatiently waiting until it's old enough he doesn't take a bath trading and going back to the Duramax. Another friend retired and bought a 5th wheel trailer. Bought a 6.0 gas. Used it on two trips and traded it for a Duramax.

Congrats. You'll love it.

/ New tractor hauler #6  
Congrats. I had an 06 crew cab and it was the best truck I've ever owned (so far).

/ New tractor hauler #7  
Congrats! Looks like a nice truck.

/ New tractor hauler #8  
So far I am pleased fit finish inside and out is excellent, plenty of smooth power, and it's quiet inside the cab little too no road noise.

That's very good to hear! That is the main reason I bailed on GM. My last GM was terrible, the thing had more rattles and squeeks than a old school bus! CJ

/ New tractor hauler #9  
As with all newer diesels, make sure your DEF fluid is clean. It can be contaminated by other liquids, containers, and certain metals. Be very cautious of def coming from someone else's container or bulk tank.

/ New tractor hauler #10  
I have an '03 Duramax with 157K on it. Best truck I've ever owned, gets over 20mpg running back and forth to work, 23-24mpg highway, pulling a trailer with my L3400 Kubota with FEL & backhoe, mpg is about 13.