Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps

/ Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps #11  
I love my ramps from Discount ramps, but they were stock items. Very solid and light. I got 5' ones for my low boy. Did you look through their stock selections? The web site isn't always the easiest to navigate, but a few minutes is worth it to see if they have what you want, stock. And no I wouldn't be "blocking them up" either...I'd just look to see if they have something in the same length you have that are flat and fit the dimensions you need. In my case, I did have to cut off one side of the ramp pockets and re-weld them on 1/2" over to get things to fit. PITA, but well worth it in the end. I really love how light they are, and as I noted they are very sturdy. My tractor is a LOT heavier than yours is too, but different ramps and application.

/ Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps #12  
You are not going to find 10K rated aluminum ramps that will fit in the same storage area as your steel ramps. The aluminum ramps will be much thicker so you would have to modify the ramp storage area or make brackets to store them on the side of your dump trailer. The 10k ramps below are 7 1/2' long, and 4 1/2" thick and can be used with trailer deck heights 24-36"

Heavy Duty Aluminum Skid Steer Ramps - Hook end attaching ramp

BTW, I also have steel ramps on my dump trailer and thought of aluminum but know I'd have to store them elsewhere on the trailer. I don't have room to modify the current ramp storage area under the back for thicker alum. ramps.

Attachments

• DSCN1121 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1121 (Medium).JPG
    284 KB · Views: 86
   / Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps
You are not going to find 10K rated aluminum ramps that will fit in the same storage area as your steel ramps. The

Now looking for 5k-8k per axle ramps, thanks...

/ Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps
I love my ramps from Discount ramps, but they were stock items. Very solid and light. I got 5' ones for my low boy.

Have your aluminum ramps sagged over time? That would be a concern when storing them. The storage pocket on my trailer is 3.5" high, the ramps I'm looking at state they are 2.75" high which would allow for 3/4" sag before binding when stored. thanks all....

/ Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps #15  
Greetings, I have a new Sure Trac 14' 14k lb dump trailer that's great, but the removable ramps are heavy on this old back. Looking for a set of high quality aluminum ramps in the 5,000 to 10,000lb (total) range (hauling a Kubota BX25D). I've found a few sets of nice ramps, however they have a bow to them (5-7" high at the center when placed on the ground) and won't fit into the trailer's ramps storage pockets. Anyone aware of a nice set of quality flat aluminum ramps?

Contact a Featherlite trailer dealer in your area, they build aluminum trailers and matching ramps which you can buy separately. My car hauler trailer I use for my tractor has flat all welded aluminum ramps that fit under the trailer. Looking at yours I am not sure they would be lighter as they are much beefier then the ladder ramps. Good Luck!

/ Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps #16  
Have your aluminum ramps sagged over time? That would be a concern when storing them. The storage pocket on my trailer is 3.5" high, the ramps I'm looking at state they are 2.75" high which would allow for 3/4" sag before binding when stored. thanks all....

Not at all. If they ever were to sag that would indicate you overloaded them a lot (sag = plastic deformation = very bad). I used mine for my tractor pretty regularly (almost weekly in the summer) for a couple years, but now my tractor is on site since I built the workshop, so I have not had to trailer it for a year or so.