WHAT DO YOU THINK???

/ WHAT DO YOU THINK??? #2  
Most people won't be concerned about this issue directly, but philosophically you should be. This is about tractors and cars, but since almost everything we buy today except food has electronics in it, this could one day affect everyone. You may not know it, but it probably already technically affects you, or soon will, in some electronic gear you own - like your cell phone.

/ WHAT DO YOU THINK??? #3  
I've been saying this for years. Car and tractor manufacturers have been making it harder and harder for the average car / tractor owner to work on their vehicles without spending thousands of dollars on diagnostic equipment. The days of the backyard mechanic are just about over. As Toyboy mentioned, most people won't be concerned because they don't work on their stuff anyway. Now they want to stop us from doing anything and take it to a dealer for repairs.

Granted that over the years auto industry engines, greater MPG, fewer emissions, and longevity have improved. Just 50, 60, 70 years ago an auto engine usually needed a rebuild at 60-70K miles. Today vehicles go 100K without a tune up and it's not uncommon to see vehicles with 200-300K miles on the original engines that have been taken care of.

I still enjoy owning classic cars, trucks, tractors etc. that I can still turn wrenches on but feel these days will eventually come to an end.

/ WHAT DO YOU THINK??? #4  
It's an issue for the modern hot Rodger. They often put a "tune" on their vehicle. I've done it to my Challenger, you can get a noticeable improvement. This is also happening in Ag tractors and people turn them up.

The idea of this being illegal is a joke in my opinion.

/ WHAT DO YOU THINK??? #5  
Not actually owning is a joke! I buy my vehicles cash so I owe no one nothing. This will kill any manufacturers that follow and the ones that don't will thrive.

Chris

/ WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Yea, I thought the not owning was a little extreme. I guess our homes will be next, since we pay taxes.
Not actually owning is a joke! I buy my vehicles cash so I owe no one nothing. This will kill any manufacturers that follow and the ones that don't will thrive.

Chris

/ WHAT DO YOU THINK??? #7  

Chris

Paying cash means nothing against a warranty. They could care less. Violate the warranty, you're on your own..

/ WHAT DO YOU THINK??? #8  
Paying cash means nothing against a warranty. They could care less. Violate the warranty, you're on your own..

I fully understand that but to state that you buying something doesn't necessarily mean you own it is ridiculous. Just using their technology.... What a joke!

Chris

/ WHAT DO YOU THINK??? #9  
Its a joke, but not a funny one. Its a clear display of arrogance and disrespect to the public. I'm simply disgusted.

/ WHAT DO YOU THINK??? #10  
You can thank the government lobbyists and the RIAA for this mess. All this to stop "Napster" users from sharing the latest Metallica CD back in the day. How many of the people that were in favor of these laws about people "stealing" music and movies supported the DMCA at the time because "kids" were the ones "stealing" music are now the same ones complaining about this legislation? Its only going to get worse too, as companies try to lock down their "software" even more as software finds its way into more and more benign items. Reap what you sow! The DMCA should be repealed, but never will with old, uneducated, government officials in the back pocket of big business.

Last edited: