Used trailer find for my BX25D

/ Used trailer find for my BX25D #1  

woodskiff

Bronze Member
Tractor
2014 BX25DLB-1
Retired Hurst 7000 gvw trailer, built in 2005, but only used twice. New load range C tires..I'll do a new paint job and treat the wood deck. . A little overkill maybe.. but for less than 1600 bucks I think I did well. I was curious on the mods I should do for strapping down the tractor myself. trailer.jpg

/ Used trailer find for my BX25D #2  
Nice find. Looks like it already has some D-rings for tie down points. May want to add a few more. Also mount a storage box on the tongue for chains and binders. Get some 5/16" grade 70 chain and binders for tie downs. Maybe some HD straps to tie down the loader and implements.

/ Used trailer find for my BX25D #3  
check the brakes. adjust and or replace the entire backing plates for less than half the cost of the parts. you do have a brake controller right? (if not add one)

check (or more likely) add brake-away e-brake kit.

check all your lights and wireing. (add replacements to your order list)

I second the storage box.

I prefer e-trailer.com for parts and free shipping

/ Used trailer find for my BX25D
Nice find. Looks like it already has some D-rings for tie down points. May want to add a few more. Also mount a storage box on the tongue for chains and binders. Get some 5/16" grade 70 chain and binders for tie downs. Maybe some HD straps to tie down the loader and implements.
Yes..good point on the box..hadn't thought about it....will do.

check the brakes. adjust and or replace the entire backing plates for less than half the cost of the parts. you do have a brake controller right? (if not add one)

check (or more likely) add brake-away e-brake kit.

check all your lights and wireing. (add replacements to your order list)

I second the storage box.

I prefer e-trailer.com for parts and free shipping

Etrailer is one of my favorites also. Brakes - you're right, the trailer was last used in 2013...but, get this the owner had RV wheel sun covers on the tires which he bought in the fall of 2014.

Controller -- Ram Cummins Heavy Duty with tow package. Thanks guys for taking the time to respond --- helpful feed back.

Quick update after letting it sit until I found some time ... stripped the frame...wiring... brakes....bearings....now 0927150948-00.jpg0927151242-00.jpg0927151513-00.jpg1024151624-00.jpgeverything new....Thanks, etrailer.com almost completed and I can't wait to get my tractor up and on.

/ Used trailer find for my BX25D #6  
It looks like you have 6 lug drums , that seems to me to be a 10K lb trailer . usually dual 5 lug is 7000 lb dual 6 lug is 10K lbs , and dual 8 lug is 12K to 15 K lbs

/ Used trailer find for my BX25D #7  
That's a nice trailer and you got a great deal on it. Is the ramp spacing correct for the BX? looks a little wide in the photos. Is the ramp spacing adjustable?

/ Used trailer find for my BX25D #8  
What do you figure you have in it? How does that compare to new in your area?

Chris

1024151110-00.jpg1024151110-01.jpg
Hi guys and thanks. It has 3500 axes with electric brakes on both. The ramps are adjustable. I'm into it for -- $200 PT decking-- $300+for bearing,brake, grease buddies, and wiring , etc. New around here seems to be about $2700 - $3200. However, I liked the construction of the frame on this one and felt it was worth the sweat equity over new.