Cleaning Vehicle Carpets?

/ Cleaning Vehicle Carpets? #1  

Green Power

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4047H, Kubota L33400 JD: 5075E 6150M 9230 and 8520
So what does everyone do to get all the mud and dirt out of their vehicles carpets and floormats? I did a search on here but did not see too many results.

/ Cleaning Vehicle Carpets? #2  
So what does everyone do to get all the mud and dirt out of their vehicles carpets and floormats? I did a search on here but did not see too many results.
I have actually pulled mine out and washed with tide, stiff brush, and let them air dry completely! LUTT

/ Cleaning Vehicle Carpets?
Does the tide work pretty well Lutt?

/ Cleaning Vehicle Carpets? #4  
Powerwasher

/ Cleaning Vehicle Carpets? #5  
I wait until it's dry, then use my Craftsman shop vac to get any dry, loose material out. And then our Hoover Steam Vac that I use on the carpets in the house has a smaller hand held wand that has done a pretty good job in my old Ranger so far.

/ Cleaning Vehicle Carpets? #6  
There's carpet under the dirt????:shocked:

I clean it the same as other carpet. Vac, brush, vac, carpet cleaner.

/ Cleaning Vehicle Carpets? #7  
how clean do you want it? compressed air works pretty well as long as it's dry. pressure washer does the best, but need to be removed from the truck/car

how clean do you want it? compressed air works pretty well as long as it's dry. pressure washer does the best, but need to be removed from the truck/car

About as clean as i can get it for $10 and 2-3 hours of work...

I have actually pulled mine out and washed with tide, stiff brush, and let them air dry completely! LUTT
I did this on three floormats, really noticed a improvement on two...

/ Cleaning Vehicle Carpets? #10  
This advice came from a pro cleaning some house carpets. The regular carpet cleaners and using any kind of soap will live some soap and residue behind. A steamer won't. I bought a small steamer, I think from Griot's Garage, it works really well. Steam and then blot the stain.