here's my new trailer.

/ here's my new trailer. #1  

allen in texas

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 5740, loaded R1's w/640 lbs cast weight, 854 loader
I must not have hit the submit button but...

trailer 005.jpg

no more overloading problems.

/ here's my new trailer. #3  
Nice looking trailer but a bit of overkill for just hauling your tractor. Will make a nice round bale hauler though but will be easy to overload your trucks max towing capacity with I expect.

/ here's my new trailer.
yeah kinda over kill for the tractor but I haul lots of other stuff too. and...
when I go 80 miles to do and dirt job I can take everything I need. Tiller, box blade, rear blade, etc. And yep. I can overload the truck if I'm not careful. I'm working on that issue.
High Country?
Longhorn?
King Ranch?

/ here's my new trailer. #5  
I have always been afraid of a 3 axle trailer. For years I had problems blowing out tires on my 2 axle trailer. It always seemed to happen when I turned the trailer with a load on it. If I was lucky, I would notice a tire that had been ruined by the steel belts separating before it would blow out on the road.

A few years ago, I switched from 10 ply tires to 14 ply tires. I haven't had any blowouts lately, but I still try to avoid turning with a load.

I'm curious as to how a 3 axle trailer will handle this issue. Do you have 10 ply tires?

What length is your trailer? I recently bought a 28' and I still have my 24'. It's really nice having the extra 4' for getting more stuff on there.

And mine is a Top Hat. Is your's a Top Hat too?

/ here's my new trailer.
I have always been afraid of a 3 axle trailer. For years I had problems blowing out tires on my 2 axle trailer. It always seemed to happen when I turned the trailer with a load on it. If I was lucky, I would notice a tire that had been ruined by the steel belts separating before it would blow out on the road.

A few years ago, I switched from 10 ply tires to 14 ply tires. I haven't had any blowouts lately, but I still try to avoid turning with a load.

I'm curious as to how a 3 axle trailer will handle this issue. Do you have 10 ply tires?

What length is your trailer? I recently bought a 28' and I still have my 24'. It's really nice having the extra 4' for getting more stuff on there.

And mine is a Top Hat. Is your's a Top Hat too?

My trailer is a "Load Max" by Load Trail. it is 32 ft long and 102 inches wide. Of course 83 between the fenders. It scrubs the tires quite a lot. My tires are 10 ply
The ONLY blowouts I have ever had on any of my trailers have been running straight down the road after a long haul. Maybe a bit under inflated or had a leak. Or maybe it was just my time. I cring when I turn sharp and I have to do that a lot with the stuff I do but I guess I just have to deal with it. I wanted the capacity and the space. I considered a tandem duel but I don't like the height of the trailer. I climb up and down on the trailer a lot and I ain't as bouncy as I used to be.

/ here's my new trailer. #7  
   / here's my new trailer. #8  
I see 3 and 4 axle heavy dump trailers with sprung-to-center steering axles front and/or back. Why not on lighter trailers like this?

Bruce

/ here's my new trailer. #9  
I bought the Load Trail last summer too - was fairly impressed with the construction overall for the money spent. Mine is the carhauler style, 22' flat with 2' dovetail, also 83" between the fenders and my fenders are removeable with 2 bolts each. The ramps are spring-assist with double hinges and adjustable feet. I've read about the problems with powder coating on trailers but I'm keeping my legs crossed and hope mine will hold out OK. Only time will tell. My dealer was less than an hour away in Ky. and seemed like a decent place to do business.

I don't have an opinion on a 3 axle, don't have any experience with one at all but I sure would like to have the capacity it offers in a low deck trailer - mine is only a 14K but it will do all I need to do anymore and it sure pulls nice so far....

Attachments

• Carport & new gooseneck 014.JPG
    Carport & new gooseneck 014.JPG
    626.3 KB · Views: 378