GN hitches, likes and dislikes?

/ GN hitches, likes and dislikes? #2  
For a heavy trailer, it's the only way to tow. They work alot better with a long bed if they have a square front. For a flatbed trailer it doesn't matter. The turn better as well.

/ GN hitches, likes and dislikes? #3  
I'd look at the B&W Turnover ball. A bit clearer installation imho.

Matt

/ GN hitches, likes and dislikes? #4  
Yeah that's what I got the B&W turnover ball,would look at it

/ GN hitches, likes and dislikes?
How do you release the ball? Pulling the lever under the bed? Is it a one man operation?

The Curt is a flip over so there's no lever under the bed.

/ GN hitches, likes and dislikes? #6  
How do you release the ball? Pulling the lever under the bed? Is it a one man operation?

The Curt is a flip over so there's no lever under the bed.

Yes, the lever is accessible from the wheel well on driver's side. Pull and slightly turn it to lock it in "open" mode. Then just get into bed and flip ball. Turn lever back to release pin and lock ball in place. I've had the gooseneck for awhile and its great. I got B&W because one day I'm thinking of getting a 5th wheel camper and will use their Companion 5th wheel that fits in the gooseneck hitch.

Gooseneck for 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 - B and W BWGNRK1012

The link has an installation video on the webpage.

/ GN hitches, likes and dislikes? #7  
I have installed about a Dozen B&W but I have never been impressed with the paint finish.

Curt and Putnam is all we use for BP stuff now and the paint on them is second to none. I would not think twice about a Curt hitch.

Chris

/ GN hitches, likes and dislikes? #8  
They work alot better with a long bed if they have a square front. For a flatbed trailer it doesn't matter.

I believe C4Ranch was asking about the specific hitch he posted a link to. :) He bought a short bed, btw.

Just curious, why would the front of the trailer make a difference, square versus tapered?

/ GN hitches, likes and dislikes? #9  
Mike, I read the thread title and saw the link, I guess I assumed he was unsure about putting the hitch in.

The front of the trailers makes a huge difference if you turn 90 for some reason. The front end of a horse trailer has a large square front end and if you don't have a long bed or a set back hitch, your cab could meet the front of the trailer unexpectedly. For a flatbed trailer with nothing on the neck, it's not a big deal to go 90 degrees or farther.

/ GN hitches, likes and dislikes? #10  
The gooseneck is the way to go if towing heavy. If A bumper pull is loaded wrong and your at highway speeds it will sway all over the place.You don't get that sway with the gooseneck. I like the blue OX hitches the best since you don't have to go under the wheel well, and tire to pull a handle. With the Blue Ox everything is done inbed. Hope this helps