Why are you brand loyal?

/ Why are you brand loyal? #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
Ok it's time to confess. This thread isn't suppose to start a brand war but to explain why you might be brand loyal.

My story. When I was about 25, about 1985, I wanted to buy an older car to restore. There were lots of Chevys and Fords around but I wanted something different. A coworker had a 67 Cornet RT and together we found a 70 Challenger convertible and I bought. My skills were limited but I learned a lot and had some help. I took the car apart, rebuilt the transmission, cleaned, replaced, restored, rebuilt just about every part and had it repainted then put it back together. It took me 3 years but it turned out great.

Since then I've been a "Mopar or no car" kind of guy. I've owned a couple of Chevy trucks, both of my kids got different brands as their first cars but my heart still lies with Chrysler products.

I'll just add its a great time to be a car enthusiast. There are lots of great cars and trucks being built today and they are the best they have ever been in my opinion.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #2  
I think we've probably each had different experiences with different brands. I'd rather have a GM product. I've owned 1 non-GM product (2003 Chrysler Concorde LXi) and it was GREAT...until I started having problems, right after the bumper to bumper warranty expired. Counterpoint, my 2004 Chevrolet Malibu that I bought my wife never had ANY problems until I sold it well after 125k miles. Likewise with my 1995 GMC Sonoma, 1998 Chevrolet Express Conversion Van, 2003 Cadillac SLS (this DID have an issue, but it was under warranty, then nothing afterwards) and my 2008 Cadillac STS.

I currently have a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado Z-71 LT and a 2015 Chevrolet Equinox LT. Fingers crossed!

/ Why are you brand loyal? #3  
My family was all Mopar in the sixty's,so of course my first couple of vehicles were also Mopars.First car a used 1966 Dodge Charger,traded that to a new 1970 Plymouth "340" Duster.Also had a 1966 Chrysler station wagon after we had kids.
Mopars seemed to go to crap in the 1980's and I got away from them and have owned many GM cars and trucks since.
Our family has just purchased our "forth" Kubota;brand loyal I guess but as long as they work and have no problems we will stick with what-ever works for us.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #4  
I'm kind of a Mopar guy myself. Bought my first one 45 years ago, and have been more than satisfied with every one I've owned. I've owned other makes too along the way...some of which I liked, others not so much but just somehow keep coming back to Chrysler...like you said their vehicles just seem to have more appeal than other makes. Chevy is probably in 2nd place.

All manufacturers have their strengths and weaknesses, none that I've seen do everything well. As far as quality goes, I don't see a big difference between any of the major manufacturers despite what fans and/or haters of certain brands may say. This is not to say there aren't brands I tend to avoid, but that's more based on my experiences with the vehicles and/or dealership, I'm sure others have had better luck.

Last edited:
   / Why are you brand loyal? #5  
When I was growing up my parents always had Pontiacs. When Mom went back to work and we needed a second vehicle, Dad bought a new '67 Ford Bronco. First pickup the family had was a '68 F-100. Dad wouldn't consider any other brand of truck. So I grew up with GM cars and Ford trucks. I tried a few GMC's, Jeeps and a Tahoe but really had a lot of problems with them. The Fords in general have been excellent vehicles and I've been using the same Ford dealer since '76 so why change now? I'm extremely satisfied with my '15 F-450 pickup so there's no need for me to change brands.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #6  
Used to be GMC. Now I like the Dodge. I jump around mostly and get about 10 years on average out of a vehicle. One manufacturer will get fat and sloppy, then have to crank up QA/QC for several years to build the brand back up. That's what I look for and the internet makes it easy. I never buy used. And I never finance. Keeping the car 10 or more years allows me to do that. Same with tractors- albeit blue is my favorite color.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #7  
For me it's knowledge. After my first VW, I was familar with the engine & systems. It was easy to buy another VW. .. I've bought 6 VW's one after the other in 30 years.

With the Deere machines, It's the dealer & Deere part systems. Dealer is great, (any Deere dealer can get any Deere part, Backhoe dealer gets me lawn mower parts) Deere parts are easy to get and because they're common, price competitive.

Last edited:
   / Why are you brand loyal? #8  
I used to be the guy that always had a few cars and trucks around and I almost always had GM. I got a 75 ford ton truck when dad died and it was junk. Burned gas like crazy and just always had problems, so I stuck with GM. In 95 I got a new S10 with the v6 in it and loved it until it started having problems. The rear anti lock brakes were the worst. They slid the rear tires 3 ft in the dealers shop and then said there was nothing wrong with it and would not fix it. I sold it at a huge loss and haven't driven a GM sense except for an old full size Blazer I had for a while. I have a dodge now and really like it, 150000 mi and I have replaced 2 tie rod ends. I plan to keep it until one or the other of us dies. If it goes first I will likely get another Dodge.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #9  
I'm brand loyal for a few reasons. Looks better with four matching Yamaha dirt bikes in the garage. I only have to go to one john Deere dealer to pick up filters and parts. Once you learn to work on a ford truck why would want to reinvent the wheel.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #10  
When it comes to trucks I have owned them all but when commuting approximately 180 miles daily bought a 1976 Toyota pickup put over 200,00 miles on that one and many after that; bought off lease little toys, then tacoma's and they just ran well. Loved my dealer and for that reason still buy toyotas. Kubota tractors,,first one 11,000 hrs, then 4,000 now one with 490 and one with 220 and have never done much more than oil and fluid changes. If these units keep working as they are; not likely to look at other brands