Diamond Pilot, is this your fault???

/ Diamond Pilot, is this your fault??? #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
This thing in Indiana, is this your doing? Gas rose $0.50 a gallon and I figure you had something to do with it. Its the same old story, something goes wrong somewhere in the supply line, and its an excuse to raise prices. It must not have affected diesel prices since diesel is now about $0.30 less per gallon than regular unleaded.

/ Diamond Pilot, is this your fault??? #2  
The refinery in Whiting, IN broke and is at 1/2 production. Its the largest refinery in the midwest, the largest refinery owned by BP, and the 6th largest in the country. It affects Michigan, Indiana, Illinios and Wisconsin, and maybe Ohio, too. Regular gas was down to $2.28 and now its $2.99, so it rose about 70 cents per gallon. I saw diesel for $2.43 today and regular was $2.93 at the same station, so 50 cents less per gallon for diesel VS gas. They expect it to take a month to repair.

BP's Whiting refinery could be at limited capacity for weeks - UPI.com

The last time we had a decrease in gas prices that refinery "broke" as well. Seems every time gas prices drop (meaning profits drop), they discover some problem at that plant that puts the squeeze on the consumer again. :rolleyes:

/ Diamond Pilot, is this your fault??? #3  
Diesel and gas about the same everywhere here. 2.79 to 2.84 for each. Regular unleaded rose 50 cents here. I was wondering why and now I know.

/ Diamond Pilot, is this your fault??? #4  
So is there a shortage of gas or just an excuse to rob us??

/ Diamond Pilot, is this your fault??? #5  
Just back tonight from a road trip to memphis and back to peoria.

St louis. Gas at my favorite station was 2.89 diesel was 2.19. across the street gas was 2.43 and diesel was 2.18. we filled up across the street.

IT was a reoccuring theme on the stations down to TN and back that diesel was 30-50cent under gas.

/ Diamond Pilot, is this your fault??? #6  
sounds like time to start driving our 3/4 and 1 ton diesel trucks to save on fuel costs :D

Diesel seems to be cheaper than gas in many states.

/ Diamond Pilot, is this your fault??? #7  
Cheap gas here was at 2.41, now at 2.70 Most stations are above 2.85 though. I filled everything up at 2.49 whew!

/ Diamond Pilot, is this your fault??? #9  
I say stop the exports until they get the tire fixed on the truck that had the flat. It's just a money game and we believe all the bs There is gas in storage all over.

/ Diamond Pilot, is this your fault??? #10  
If only more people would read 'Basic Economics' by Thomas Sowell and stop believing in myths, black helicopters and the man behind the curtain who controls all fuel prices.