Pop up deck or third ramp?

/ Pop up deck or third ramp? #1  

Lineman North Florida

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL & John Deere 5093E with FEL ,Kubota SVL 75-2
I am looking to buy a new gooseneck flatbed trailer with a 5' dovetail and I am either going to get the pop up deck between the ramps or a third ramp for the benefit of having the dovetail an extra 5' of flat deck space if needed, I have never had either and figured I would ask you guys which one do you like best and why, the trailer that I am looking at doesn't offer the 2 extra wide ramps so it's going to be one of the two options listed. Thanks' Charlie.

/ Pop up deck or third ramp? #2  
I preferred the adjustable dovetail myself. I can pin it down or flat instead of just pinning a piece of angle iron up. The entire tail of the trailer that is. Is there a reason you would need the third ramp? I thi k having the entire deck flat can be useful.

/ Pop up deck or third ramp? #3  
I preferred the adjustable dovetail myself. I can pin it down or flat instead of just pinning a piece of angle iron up. The entire tail of the trailer that is. Is there a reason you would need the third ramp? I thi k having the entire deck flat can be useful.

He might have a middle wheeled tractor or narrow equipment

/ Pop up deck or third ramp? #5  
Thanks, that's why I asked if he had a need for a middle ramp...

I grabbed two tractors middle wheeled. I can load then with two ramps but i hate doing it. I would say yes to a middle ramp

/ Pop up deck or third ramp? #6  
I have a middle ramp on mine on a 28' GN and love it. I put aluminum plating on the bottom so when I folded it up is almost like the regular floor. The ramps though still have gaps between them because they are maybe 18" approx wide and the trailer is 8'6 I believe. They are movable so gaps between them can be closed considerable for a nice flat surface. It works good for garden tractors, middle wheeled tractors as mentioned and bigger tractors.

I wouldn't get them without spring assist life.

/ Pop up deck or third ramp?
The only need that I would have for the third ramp would be the fact with it layed down between the other two it woul give me 5' more of flat deck if needed, I really like the Mega ramps that Big Tex has as an option on their trailers but the one I am looking at doesn't offer that, it is either third ramp or pop-up deck between the two ramps.