Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost?

/ Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost? #1  

Green Power

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4047H, Kubota L33400 JD: 5075E 6150M 9230 and 8520
   / Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost? #2  
Don't know. Not impressed with the new engines.

/ Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost? #3  
What I like/dislike about my Eco is:
1. Low down torque good for pulling a trailer. Rarely go over 3500 RPM when towing 8000# in the mountains.
2. Same output at high elevation.
3. 2600# payload with HD package.

4. Gas mileage SUCKS. 14 to 15 mixed and 7 to 9 towing.

/ Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost? #4  
In 2012 when I was buying, I went with the 5.0 engine for the simple fact I like fewer moving parts and proven technology. From everyone I've met in person, nobody gets the mileage advertised, including my truck. I'm in the 18 mpg range pretty much all the time, regardless of town or highway driving. Loaded real heavy and it drops a few mpg, but otherwise, it drops a bit.

/ Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost? #5  
What I like/dislike about my Eco is:
4. Gas mileage SUCKS. 14 to 15 mixed and 7 to 9 towing.

Man I would love to get 14-15 MPG. I barely get 12 in the Commander - without towing anything. Voracious.

/ Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost? #6  
Hope to be able to report back soon as an Ecoboost will soon join the family fleet is for towing...

Seems EPA mileage almost always falls short... unless you drive a VW Diesel and those always seem to beat the EPA mpg.

/ Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost? #7  
I was so disgusted with my last 5.0 (2013 F150 STX Supercab 4x4) that after towing an enclosed trailer and couple of bikes to Florida & back, I traded it for 2014 F250 6.2 XLT Supercab 4x4. I figured if I was going to have 3/4 ton truck mileage, I was going to drive a 3/4 ton truck and have the benefits that come with it. The 250 gets better mileage both highway and local driving. Not a ton more, but still more and it's a lot more truck.

/ Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost? #8  
The 5.0 Ford is not recommended for Max Tow... only the 3.5 ecoboost.

Also, 2015 and a 2013 F150 are very different trucks...

/ Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost? #9  
I don't tow anything unless it's a quick trip to Lowes for some 16 ft boards. Most everything fits in my 8ft bed, so that's pretty rare. I also tow 4 round bales of hay every couple of months, but that's a straight shot ten miles down the Interstate and not much of a challenge with my 5.0 engine.

/ Why does everyone rant and rave about the EcoBoost?
I was so disgusted with my last 5.0 (2013 F150 STX Supercab 4x4) that after towing an enclosed trailer and couple of bikes to Florida & back, I traded it for 2014 F250 6.2 XLT Supercab 4x4. I figured if I was going to have 3/4 ton truck mileage, I was going to drive a 3/4 ton truck and have the benefits that come with it. The 250 gets better mileage both highway and local driving. Not a ton more, but still more and it's a lot more truck.

Well, the 15 f-150s with the 5.0s get a lot better mileage than that. What axle did it have? My dads 15 with the 5.0l gets 17 combined city/highway.