Pace Edwards tonneau cover??

/ Pace Edwards tonneau cover?? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Looking for a tonneau cover for my new truck.I came across Pace Edwards full metal jack rabbit cover.Anyone have one of these installed on your truck?If so how do you like it? Thanks for any info.. Tonneau Cover - Heavy Duty Full Metal

/ Pace Edwards tonneau cover?? #2  
I have one very similar. The drawback is the amount of space and bed length that the cannister takes up. Had a Bakflip cover prior to that which I liked much better.
Bakflip G2 on Sale

/ Pace Edwards tonneau cover?? #3  
I had one.

It was OK. I wouldnt get one again. Always freezing up in the winter. Ice in the lock (vertical facing lock, wth??) and ice in the side rails. Plus the roll area behind the cab took up a lot of bed space and would also gum up with snow and ice.

If I lived in Florida and could deal with the loss of box space (both length and width) Id get one, but im my experience it was overpriced for what it is, especially if you use your truck (ie: need the full bed, like for an ATV) and live in a place that sees winter. I was never so happy as when I removed it.

If I was doing it again, Id get one of those hard cover, Tri fold style. At least then you could use all the bed and they are easily removable when needed. Plus they are easy to keep freed up in the winter.

/ Pace Edwards tonneau cover??
I had one.

It was OK. I wouldnt get one again. Always freezing up in the winter. Ice in the lock (vertical facing lock, wth??) and ice in the side rails. Plus the roll area behind the cab took up a lot of bed space and would also gum up with snow and ice.

If I lived in Florida and could deal with the loss of box space (both length and width) Id get one, but im my experience it was overpriced for what it is, especially if you use your truck (ie: need the full bed, like for an ATV) and live in a place that sees winter. I was never so happy as when I removed it.

If I was doing it again, Id get one of those hard cover, Tri fold style. At least then you could use all the bed and they are easily removable when needed. Plus they are easy to keep freed up in the winter.
Thanks, that would make perfect sense.I also live where we have a lot of snow & ice.

/ Pace Edwards tonneau cover?? #5  
+1 on the Bakflip G2, I have had it for 2 years and love it.

/ Pace Edwards tonneau cover?? #6  
If you're not looking to break the bank, I went with a Tonno Pro tri fold from RealTruck.com - TonnoPro Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Shop RealTruck.com
It's held up well though 2 winters, was relatively inexpensive and is easily removed if you need the extra bed space. No tools required.
My customer service experience with RealTruck (1 return item) so far has been fantastic.

/ Pace Edwards tonneau cover??
Headed in a different direction now I guess.We are going to start looking at the ARE fiberglass caps the Z series.Thanks for the replies.

/ Pace Edwards tonneau cover?? #8  
I have had the bedlocker for 12 years on my 99 dodge 2500 4x4 diesel and love it. Now I live in FL so dont have to deal with snow and ice (reason I left Mass eons ago) BTW Dodge just rolled 450K