Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer

/ Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer #11  
That stuff sticks like sheit to a blanket. Guess that's why manure spreaders have the moving floor. I really keep away from that stuff except for the occasional bucketfull I get from a neighbour. It takes forever to clean the equipment and is VERY corrosive!

I guess if it was wet and soupy that would work better. Maybe try and prespray the floor with a biodegradable detergent before every load.

/ Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer #12  
I watched a roofer empty a non-dump trailer one day and was in amazement. He took an old tire and put a chain around it and put the tire in front of the trailer. He left the long part of the chain extend to the rear of the trailer. He put all the old roofing material on top of the tire and chain. When he went to dump, he connected the end of the chain to the tractor and pulled. Every piece of roofing material came out in less than 10 seconds. He retrieved his tire and chain and went on his way. Maybe with manure it will take 2 tire and chain combos, but it works...

/ Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer #13  
That's real creative ingenuity.

Sent from my iPhone 2.0 using TractorByNet

/ Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer #14  
I would get a bag of wood shavings and spread it on the bottom. Like b doing for a rabbit cage, Ect.

Chris

/ Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer #15  
I agree with the wood shavings idea. Either wood shavings or straw should work well, especially in all the corners.

/ Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer
I have plenty of wood chips available so that woudl not be difficult to do. I've got to think a few inches would help the manure slide out. I think I'll give that a try.

/ Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer #17  
Spray down the trailer with a good laxative:laughing:
Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes.

/ Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer #18  
i'm not sure and have never done it, but would a blue or silver tarp work?

/ Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer #19  
Bought one of these on sale and cut it down to fit my trailer (with a hot knife). Everything unloads unlike before when even gravel wouldn't unload completely.

Truck Bed Cargo Unloader

They really do work well.

I've found the trick with unloading is to keep the manure off the sides of the trailer, Just a heaping pile in the center to prevent side drag and it slides much easier..

/ Getting manure to slide out of a dump trailer #20  
I'd K.I.S.S.

Lay down a plastic tarpaulin and tie the 'top' end to the head/edge of the float (trailer), then fill the bed with whatever material you're transporting.

After dumping the load you can remove the tarp + any residual.

Edit: I just saw arkydog's post. Timing, eh?