No more V8 in F150?

/ No more V8 in F150? #1  

dgl24087

Veteran Member
Tractor
1975 John Deere 1530
I read 2016 will be the end of the V8 engine for the F150, anyone else hearing or seeing this?

/ No more V8 in F150? #2  
I sure hope that is not the case, Ford will lose the ethanol burners business if they do this. I geuss they are ruining the pickup more and more each year, starting with the backup assist garbage this year.

/ No more V8 in F150? #3  
This is not true...

See Ford.com

/ No more V8 in F150? #4  
I drive a Panther Platform V8 (Vic, Marq, Towncar) no longer made. The V6 ecoboost puts out about 365 HP. I know it's hard to tear away from smooth v8 power, but CAFE standards drive the auto business. They have to give away a lot of Ford Focus to profit on a F150. If you no likey you need to vote the greenies out of existence. Besides, they are going to build a plant in MX so maybe I don't want a Ford anymore.

/ No more V8 in F150? #5  
I don't think they will give up the V8, else they will lose a large chunk of commercial user business.

I dearly enjoy seeing the dissing that goes on regarding OEM's building plants in MX. I have a 2013 Freightliner that this model was either built in MX or NC. My dealer was keeping his fingers crossed that mine would be built in MX, as they stated they have far fewer issues with the MX built ones. True to form, mine was built in NC and the dealer had to take two weeks to correct problems from the assembly. Some factory ordered stuff didn't even get installed! Just one of the many issues, only two of the 4 required brackets for the top air dam were installed and the air dam wasn't even included! Based on parts shipping delays that would have meant the two other brackets could not be delivered for several months, the dealer had to hand fabricate two more brackets. The air dam was located just 40 miles away at a YRC terminal, but they wouldn't release it because it was not set for delivery to the dealer for another 2 months per the factory! I told them I was jumping in my Jeep with a .45 auto and my Stoeger double barreled 12 gauge coach gun and I was going to retrieve my property being held hostage at YRC. Dealer called me back and said they told YRC the situation and YRC then released the air dam for delivery. So I am not all fired up with the anti MX crowd. Seems Pedro and Juan are very happy with the good paying job they have (in relation to the MX economy) than Bubba and Billy Bob are in NC, who seem to be more concerned with who is the latest chick at Hooters or where they are going bass fishing this weekend or who is playing Monday Night football.

/ No more V8 in F150? #6  
I don't think they will give up the V8, else they will lose a large chunk of commercial user business.

I dearly enjoy seeing the dissing that goes on regarding OEM's building plants in MX. I have a 2013 Freightliner that this model was either built in MX or NC. My dealer was keeping his fingers crossed that mine would be built in MX, as they stated they have far fewer issues with the MX built ones. True to form, mine was built in NC and the dealer had to take two weeks to correct problems from the assembly. Some factory ordered stuff didn't even get installed! Just one of the many issues, only two of the 4 required brackets for the top air dam were installed and the air dam wasn't even included! Based on parts shipping delays that would have meant the two other brackets could not be delivered for several months, the dealer had to hand fabricate two more brackets. The air dam was located just 40 miles away at a YRC terminal, but they wouldn't release it because it was not set for delivery to the dealer for another 2 months per the factory! I told them I was jumping in my Jeep with a .45 auto and my Stoeger double barreled 12 gauge coach gun and I was going to retrieve my property being held hostage at YRC. Dealer called me back and said they told YRC the situation and YRC then released the air dam for delivery. So I am not all fired up with the anti MX crowd. Seems Pedro and Juan are very happy with the good paying job they have (in relation to the MX economy) than Bubba and Billy Bob are in NC, who seem to be more concerned with who is the latest chick at Hooters or where they are going bass fishing this weekend or who is playing Monday Night football.
Sadly this seems to be the case everywhere, American pride of workmanship seems to have been lost along the way. In my construction career spanning 45 years (25 years in Quality Control Management) with about 1/4 of that time being spent working outside of the USA, I found no more defective workmanship overseas than in the states. Sometimes we had to train the workers in how to do a particular job, but then they would do it perfectly and with a little praise and encouragement , they worked harder also.

/ No more V8 in F150? #7  
I own the EB and as good as it is, there are still a ton of V8's being sold. I think that at some point the sales of V8's will drop to the point were they are no longer justified (ala manual transmissions). However, I don't think we'll see this transition this year, much less 10 years from now.

/ No more V8 in F150? #8  
Y'all see they are offering two sizes of eco boost this year? The 2.7l does that stop and cut off thing. Push the gas it cranks back up. I hate that.

/ No more V8 in F150? #9  
If I also had a dollar for every time I heard "this is the last year for the V8 Mustang" LOL.