Where's the best place to buy 2 AWG (for winch)

/ Where's the best place to buy 2 AWG (for winch) #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I'm trying to upgrade my winching capabilities and wanting to be able to run a 12K HF winch off the back of my F350.

The best price I've found for 2AWG cable seems to be Temco on Amazon at $92 for 2 30' pieces.

Any other suggestions?

/ Where's the best place to buy 2 AWG (for winch) #2  
I can't recall the price, but I used welding cable for my rear winch.

/ Where's the best place to buy 2 AWG (for winch) #3  
I searched several suppliers, I did not find anything better..

/ Where's the best place to buy 2 AWG (for winch) #5  
Ebay 60 ft 2AWG for $65.99 free shipping 30' red and 30' black

/ Where's the best place to buy 2 AWG (for winch)
Saw that, but until I actually run the wire I was concerned 25' would end up just a few inches short.

What I couldn't understand is that many people recommend using jumper cables, but I haven't turned up any inexpensive jumper cables. They all seem to be CCA. I'd like to find a roll of 100' of 2 gauge jumper cable (100' Red, 100' Black) for the equivalent price of your link, or about $240.

/ Where's the best place to buy 2 AWG (for winch)
Ebay 60 ft 2AWG for $65.99 free shipping 30' red and 30' black

Is the seller acdcelectricparts?

I'm wary of ebay because I read reports of people labeling wire 2 AWG and actually it works out to 4 AWG.

/ Where's the best place to buy 2 AWG (for winch) #9  
Saw that, but until I actually run the wire I was concerned 25' would end up just a few inches short.

What I couldn't understand is that many people recommend using jumper cables, but I haven't turned up any inexpensive jumper cables. They all seem to be CCA. I'd like to find a roll of 100' of 2 gauge jumper cable (100' Red, 100' Black) for the equivalent price of your link, or about $240.

What you could do is run a piece of CAT 5 or some small rope/cordage along the route you intend to use in the vehicle, and then take it out and measure it. Then you will know for sure. More trouble, but you could possibly save some money.

/ Where's the best place to buy 2 AWG (for winch) #10  
Double check your wire size. Seems when I did the wire from front to back on my Dodge 1 ton I had to go to 0 size wire to accommodate the 300+ amps of that winch. Voltage drop on DC is a big factor when stretching out to 30+ feet of wire. I bought mine at NAPA along with the 300 amp connector for under the bumper. Between the HF tech help line and the NAPA guys and their cable sizing table we came up with the right size. I also ran 2 cables instead of using the frame as a ground. It was not a cheap install as I added a second battery under the hood with an isolator for the winch circuit. Wiring cost more than the winch. The hauling cable supplied is not user friendly as it is very stiff; changed out to a fiber winch line.

Ron