Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose

/ Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose #1  

weldingisfun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor
I recently took a well used utility trailer and gave it a new life as a livestock trailer, primarily goats. To date, I have done this to eight utility trailers and sold every one of them within three weeks. Why they are not building these commercially is a mystery? For those who may ask, how does this involve a tractor? Be patient and I will show you how a tractor fits into this. I began this process on 31 January and finished on 29 May 2016. If you follow along you will see how it is done. Enjoy.:) 31Jan16_ 001.jpg29May16_65.jpg

/ Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose #2  
I recently took a well used utility trailer and gave it a new life as a livestock trailer, primarily goats. To date, I have done this to eight utility trailers and sold every one of them within three weeks. Why they are not building these commercially is a mystery? For those who may ask, how does this involve a tractor? Be patient and I will show you how a tractor fits into this. I began this process on 31 January and finished on 29 May 2016. If you follow along you will see how it is done. Enjoy.:) View attachment 470236View attachment 470237

That's awful tall for a goat trailer - got some big goats?

/ Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose #3  
Nice Job, the trailer looks really well made. No goat is getting out of that thing, even the Big ones lol.

/ Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose #5  
Cool. Cost?

/ Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose
The trailer was in pretty good shape when I picked it up for $400. The tires were shot as was the decking. All of the steel was in good shape. A few dings in the fenders was all I found. Had originally intended to keep the ramp on it but then realized that would limit how and where the trailer could be used. 31Jan16_002.jpg31Jan16_003.jpg31Jan16_004.jpg31Jan16_005.jpg

/ Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose #7  
That really does look great. Fantastic job!

Does it have a middle gate you can close to keep the animals from all shifting to the back of the trailer?

/ Utility Trailer Gets a New Purpose #8  
Great Job on that trailer..

That really does look great. Fantastic job!

Does it have a middle gate you can close to keep the animals from all shifting to the back of the trailer?

Be patient, Pappy. You will get your answer soon enough.;)

Into the shop to begin the inspection and tear down process.31Jan16_006.jpg Off comes the ramp and the deck.31Jan16_007.jpg31Jan16_008.jpg