Will this hold 20yds of loam?

/ Will this hold 20yds of loam? #21  
I had him deliver one load. Could barely see the top of the mound above the boards so my guess is 18-20yds. I should have measured as suggested. Regardless, I doubt I'll get more.

Unfortunately, it common practice here to mix a lot of sand into loam. He claimed 10-15% compost mixed in but did not know the sand percent. After putting my hands on it, there is too much sand for many of my purposes (won't hold moisture even it I fix the pH). I've made that mistake before!

So I'll use it for good clean fill. I've had a heck of a time finding field loam (organic, uncut soil).

$375 I probably should not have spent. :confused3:

I can check around here if you want, I know most of the local excavators.

/ Will this hold 20yds of loam?

That would be great! I guess I'm looking for field loam. Screened 3/4 or 1/2 inch.
I've tried Ambrose but it was sandy and full of trash. Got some from when they put the RiteAid in Meredith but not enough.

/ Will this hold 20yds of loam?

I got some of good quality from a guy in Moultonboro, Ossipee, or Sandwich (can't remember) last summer. He no longer advertises on CL and I lost his number. If I can find his name I'll PM you.

/ Will this hold 20yds of loam? #24  
''Remember when ordering to tell them that you'll be requesting a copy of the scale ticket. (they should have one to give you) that way you know your buying 15 ton.''

Is this really that accurate? Depending on moisture content the weight per CY will vary greatly. All you will know is you've got 15T of something on there, some of it being water which at 62.4 lb/cf adds up quickly.

/ Will this hold 20yds of loam? #25  
''Remember when ordering to tell them that you'll be requesting a copy of the scale ticket. (they should have one to give you) that way you know your buying 15 ton.''

Is this really that accurate? Depending on moisture content the weight per CY will vary greatly. All you will know is you've got 15T of something on there, some of it being water which at 62.4 lb/cf adds up quickly.
That's why many types of material are sold by the ton. It's the only true way to measure it. Also, if it's a small independent pit, odds are they load by eye, and have no access to scales. Some of the newer front end loaders (think 544k JD has it) a scale based on hydraulic pressure needed to lift. Can't say it's precise but if it's within 10%, it's atleast a tool.