Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel

/ Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel #1  

kevinwak

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520
I am currently shopping new trucks.

Drove the ram 3500 the other day and liked it. Disliked how it rode, wow how can a truck in 2016 have a worse ride then a 95 F350? I really loved the value, huge discounts on now and 84 month 0% interest financing.

Well today I drove a Chevy. Wow wow wow. It is hard to wipe the smile off of my face. So smooth and just plain nice! And the power. I do understand the difference between an inline six and a V8, but this had so much more jam.

And ford. I am looking at a mid level cloth truck, and all the 2016 ones spear gone so I either need to raise or lower my trim desire or wait until the 2017 redesign comes out.

/ Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel #2  
I am currently shopping new trucks.

Drove the ram 3500 the other day and liked it. Disliked how it rode, wow how can a truck in 2016 have a worse ride then a 95 F350? I really loved the value, huge discounts on now and 84 month 0% interest financing.

Well today I drove a Chevy. Wow wow wow. It is hard to wipe the smile off of my face. So smooth and just plain nice! And the power. I do understand the difference between an inline six and a V8, but this had so much more jam.

And ford. I am looking at a mid level cloth truck, and all the 2016 ones spear gone so I either need to raise or lower my trim desire or wait until the 2017 redesign comes out.
Love the way my 2016 Ram 2500 truck rides.Don,t know if 3500,s the have the same suspension.

Attachments

• IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 362
   / Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel #3  

Attachments

• DSCN1733 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1733 (Medium).JPG
    136 KB · Views: 313
  • DSCN1737 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1737 (Medium).JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 348
   / Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel #4  
I have heard that Fiat/Chrysler is having a terrible time with replacement/recall parts. Now this is from a (national) radio "car show" program, but the guy has mentioned this problem on several different occasions with new vehicles sitting for months waiting for parts, but it's enough for me (if I were shopping) to spend a little time on the internet checking it out. SEVEN years of payments at 0% interest, wow. Is that good or desperate?

/ Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel #5  
I've had a 2011 Chevy 3500 with duals & diesel for about two years now. Main con IMHO, would be that the crew cab rear seat may be a little roomier in Dodge or Ford. Chevrolet/GMC may be larger in the newer body? As for power, capability - it has plenty. I really didn't need the DRW, but on potholed roads that extra tire can create a better ride than SRW.

/ Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel #6  
I would wait on the 2017 F350SRW truck. From what I'm reading it will put the competition in the dust just like the 2016 F150 has.

Chris

/ Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel #7  
Really like my 2015 3500HD long bed Double Cab.

15 silverado 3-22-15 015.JPG

/ Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel #8  
My friend has a 2015 F250 Platinum. We both agree, it has a horrible ride over bumps on the highway. It is a beautiful truck. The interior almost makes up for the jarring ride, but not quite. It is like the suspension doesn't have that first inch or two of "suppleness". He says the difference between the 3/4 and the 1 ton is that the 1 ton has 1 more leaf in the rear suspension.

He often takes his F150 2009 model for the comfort.

/ Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel
My friend has a 2015 F250 Platinum. We both agree, it has a horrible ride over bumps on the highway. It is a beautiful truck. The interior almost makes up for the jarring ride, but not quite. It is like the suspension doesn't have that first inch or two of "suppleness". He says the difference between the 3/4 and the 1 ton is that the 1 ton has 1 more leaf in the rear suspension. He often takes his F150 2009 model for the comfort.
without a doubt this 3500 Chevy duramax had a much smoother ride then my 07 F150

/ Ford vs chevy vs ram SRW one ton diesel
I would wait on the 2017 F350SRW truck. From what I'm reading it will put the competition in the dust just like the 2016 F150 has. Chris
I haven't ruled out the new, or old super duty for that matter.